Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

What camo pattern matches well with ACU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What camo pattern matches well with ACU?

Hey guys, all my gear--BDU, plate carrier, knee & elbow pads, and drop leg platforms--are in ACU camouflage. While it doesn't help at all with any form of concealment, it does "look the business and the bollocks", as a friend said. For vanity reasons however I'm considering swapping to a different set of camo to go underneath my plate carrier. What camo do you think goes well with ACU? I was looking at the original A-TACS pattern but the price is a little high, so I wanted to get some other opinions before I pulled the trigger on it. Thanks!

Re: what camo pattern matches well with ACU?

Hit the nail on the head mate , Atacs looks good with it. I'm sure there will be some decent quality BDU clones out by now to keep the cost down.

Originally posted by tisane
    Never heard such a racket, its like taking a hi cap to a rave.

Comment

A sofa?

Not to be picky, but the camouflage pattern is UCP. The uniform cut is known as ACU.

Comment

Isn't ACU was the uniform and UCP was the pattern?
        The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

Just do what the Brits do and mix any old stuff we have left lying about. Stick some, I don't know, Flecktarn under it and then see how you go.

Really it is hard to say what matches with UCP as it is a unique colour pattern. I can't find it but a good comedian pointed out something, the British, knowing they would fight in a desert went 'you know what, lets try a bit of tan and brown', the Americans 'ok we are in a desert, what are we going to do, f**k it green and grey that will do, surely they have rocks and trees in the desert and all rocks are grey right?'. Good comedy.

But to be honest the only thing that truly 'matches' with it would be that ABU Modern Tigerstripe stuff, MARPAT or perhaps some Multicam.

'FireKnife'
          68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
          Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by RedHawk View Post
            A sofa?

Not to be picky, but the camouflage pattern is UCP. The uniform cut is known as ACU.
            Yeah I started reading up on other ACU/UCP threads half an hour after I passed the edit limit on my post. Words can't describe my embarrassment. Dishonor to famiree, etc.

Comment

Joking aside, I find the best camo that works with ACU is MULTILAND (not multicam or MTP) due to the ways the colours blend with the acu it gives a good colour balance... Certain places in portsmouth sell this camo made by DEFCON 5, I have used it for the past 12 months and am loving it :D
              any more info PM me
              X-ray

Comment

Re: What camo pattern matches well with ACU?

Tri colour. :-)

Comment

Try solid colora like ranger green. Or anything similar to Foliage green will work well with UCP. And however much people hate UCP, ive always like my US Loadout. True it does not blend well but every camo has its place. I wear my UCP for urban games and Multicam for woodland type games.
                  Assumption is the mother of F*&% Ups!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

CacklingHawk Be strong, be fast, don't be too serious Find out more about CacklingHawk
                  Working...
                  X