TM Mp5 no hop adjustment- age?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM Mp5 no hop adjustment- age?

Hey guys, recently got a TM MP5 in a trade, the gun was broken which I expected. But what I did not expect was for to be one of either the old style Mp5's with no hop or is a budget TM like with no hop up?
    It has a standard metal TM V2 gearbox inside but no hop up.

Needless to say I'm not thrilled. As in my opinion if it is that old that it had no hop up. It should definitely be mentioned in the thread.

Can someone please enlighten me as to te rough age the gun must be? And what type of TM it is.. A budget line or just incredibly old?

Also note it had a TM EG560 motor in it.

Thanks for any help guys.

Phil
    Recoils: TM MK18 / TM Recce / TM G36K / TM AK102
    Rifles: G&P LMT MRP
    Shotguns: TM M870 / TM M3 / G&P Sheriff 870 / Madbul AGX Tan
    Pistols: TM; Sig P226, Hi Capa Extreme x2, 1911 MEU / KWA; USP.45, M226, Glock 26, USP-c x2 / KJW 1911

Re: TM Mp5 no hop adjustment- age?

If it is the original MP5's then it is OLD. The EG560 was replaced by the 700 years and year ago (possibly a decade or so) then after that they went to HG MP5's again that was about 7-8 years ago. All had adjustable hop-up.

Not to sound dumb but are you looking for the hop-up in the right place? It is a small lever at the top rear corner of the foregrip. If there is not lever remove the grip and see if the lever is missing or snapped.

Comment

Some of the originals, alongside the early FAMAS and G3A3, did not feature hop ups for a good few years. As said though, you are looking in the right place I assume? All TM MP5 have a fixed ejection port and a hop lever by the foregrip.

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
        Some of the originals, alongside the early FAMAS and G3A3, did not feature hop ups for a good few years. As said though, you are looking in the right place I assume? All TM MP5 have a fixed ejection port and a hop lever by the foregrip.
        Yep I know I've got a TM MP5k I know here the hop up is and this doesn't have one.

Over 10 years old is not as I expected it.
        Will have to have words with the guy that traded it with me.

Thanks,
        Phil
        Pistols: TM; Sig P226, Hi Capa Extreme x2, 1911 MEU / KWA; USP.45, M226, Glock 26, USP-c x2 / KJW 1911

Comment

Far more more than 10 probably. These ones with no hop are early 90s - possibly up to 20+ years old I guess, as seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl0jAMHAFvw and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkUEuAixmHw , which shows the 1991 lineup of original AEGs, including the M16A1, MP5, FAMAS and G3s. If it has Marui markings, you have quite an antique.

Comment

There was a thread like this several months back on another forum; someone had the same query as you, and it turned out to just be missing the hop lever.
            Just so we can be certain; Can you post up a photo of the front end without the foregrip on please?

Comment

Originally posted by Hustle View Post
              There was a thread like this several months back on another forum; someone had the same query as you, and it turned out to just be missing the hop lever.
              Just so we can be certain; Can you post up a photo of the front end without the foregrip on please?
              Will take a bunch of snaps later for you!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Half Trigger Find out more about Half Trigger
              Working...
              X