Disastrous day of modifying guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Disastrous day of modifying guns

Yeah youtube is a god send, me and my mate can easily work on any gun for vertually any problem, he got a JG mc51 (not working) and an A&K dragunov (also not working) for £15, both off the same guy and now we have fixed them up together for a grand total of no more than £20! And they are now his 2 best guns! Mc51 works perfect on and 11.1lipo doing 30+ bb's per second and the dragunov is sitting at around 470fps accurate to about 65-70 metres easy

Plus being an electrical engineer I'm good at wiring and Have a good understanding how a lot of things work and if I don't know how it works, play with it for a while and I'll work it out lol
    sigpic

Comment

Heh i just went with fook it.
      Tear it apart and realise how easy it actually is to do. Ended up doing a spring change two weeks ago between chrono and the first game.(never use SHS m100s :L none of this fancy quick change stuff either)
      -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
      -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

I do all my own (and some of the rest of my teams) gun work, just fitted 2 aks with shortstroked SHS setups, hello 25rps (or there abouts) at 350fps :D
        Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Dont do anything myself. I cant be arsed. I go to work to earn money to reduce complications in my life. Ill happily pay for a fix. Though i havent broken many in all honesty.
          AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

It gets a lot easier.

The hardest part is getting tge gear box closed, split gear boxes or the quick change spring ones are a god send.

That being said once you get the hang of it, its pretty simple.

I do remember it taking g about 3 hours + to do spring change and clean my first time... Not helped as a part shot out of my bedroom window... Lol
            FOR SALE
            7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
            , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

HPA is where it's at. No faffing around with mechanical bollocks and practically instantaneous trigger response, along with adjustable FPS and fire rate.

inb4 that's paintball and not airsoft

But yes, opening a gearbox is a hard task if you've never done it before. Best thing to do is get a box of crappy spares off here for less than £40 and practice building a gearbox. Otherwise, it's better to pay some one else so that if they cock up with it then they have to fix it.

Comment

my first gearbox strip 15 years ago was a disaster, back then i had no computer so no interweb guides.but you live and learn and now have 6 of my teams guns waiting repairs, an mg42 aeg half built and orders for custom guns that i'm having to tern down because i don't think i can do it all this year!
                have faith in you'r ability, if frustrated then put it down and take a break, it's not the black art that it seem's to be unless working with cheep china gearboxes grrr.

Comment

Had many of those days, did a quick spring change the day before airsoft which ended in my gun not working few weeks ago!

Comment

I use to hate the thought of opening up a gearbox, but it really does get much easier. Once you've done it a few times you can do it quite quickly and you'll start to see any problems quite quickly too.

I would say it's worth keeping with it and just slowly get your problems sorted by yourself.

Comment

One of my old team mates had this saying.

Airsoft mechanics is trial and error....... Mostly error!

I would say a mixture of research, Utube and practical experience.
                      Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

got my 1st m14 last week. apparently the gearboxes are hard to work on cus everything is on the outside. 1 youtube video and 45 minutes later, springs changed, new motor, and mosfet fitted. now have ANOTHER epic dmr hung on the wall incase one of my primarys goes down
                        For Sale!
                        TM M870 with a load of stuff
                        A&K massada sniper spec
                        Chronograph
                        leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

Well today was a balls up, Installed a mosfet onto V3 gear box, Works fine outside gear box with nice trigger response etc....put into gun and it sets on fire

Win -.-

http://i.imgur.com/d6Ro0jq.jpg
                          Hate.
                          "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Dboys AK74U with Samson rail (y)

Comment

I decided my JLS F2000 wasn't consistent enough, so with no experience at all (just a few youtube vids) I stripped it down, rebuilt it using some of the original bits and some JG parts, and had it back together and firing almost perfectly consistently.

I then bought a d-boys M4 in parts and rebuilt it. That went ok.

Then I tried fixing another M4 and things went wrong big time. After a day of having the GB work outside the gun, but locking up in it, strpiing it down and rebuilding it, fannying around with the AR latch etc, I gave up and sold it as a box of parts!

Electrics wise, I managed to work this lot out:

8 cables
                            27 individual wires
                            10 possible places for each wire to go
                            No wiring diagrams for most of the original parts
                            3 wires from one place that were all the same colour
                            3 wires that changed colour as they came up through the floor - black, grey and blue at one end; yellow red and blue at the other!
                            New junction box
                            New terminal block
                            New central heating thermostat
                            New hot water thermostat

Took me 3 days but the electrician didn't manage it when he did the rewire, or when he replaced the timer, he just said he'd have to come back and meet the plumber to work it all out.

Airsoft wiring though? I can never get it right
                            sigpic

Comment

I managed to find the part that I lost. The pair of trousers I was wearing on the day had a tiny hole--1 centimetre diameter--near the ankle, and the part somehow flipped into that tiny hole then got stuck in the inside lining of the trousers. I felt something scratching at my ankle the last two days but I always thought that it was the ankle zippers...man. It's crap like this man.

I feel strangely renewed, however. I'm gonna reassemble either today or tomorrow.

Comment

I repair all my guns myself. I like to think that im quite handy with things and have always been good at fixing stuff and finding problems. AEG Gearboxes though i dont like, although i have taken a few apart to fix the single shot bar thingy (technical term there) spring changes and a trigger connector fix, but the only one i sent off was my brand new TM Recoil G36k gearbox, as i didnt want to wreck it.

One thing that really does p**s me off though is people who go "yeah mate, give it to me, i know what im doing" and then bust it! I just last night spent 2 hours working out what was wrong with a KWA Glock 17 because some gimp had pulled it apart and bent the trigger bar, blow torch, 2 pairs of pliers, hammer and hour and a half later, fixed.... and hell was i annoyed!

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

CacklingHawk Be strong, be fast, don't be too serious Find out more about CacklingHawk
                                Working...
                                X