Anyone use binoculars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use binoculars?

I had my first airsoft skirmish on Saturday, steep learning curve but was getting the hang of it by the end, one thing I found was a lot of us were struggling to identify friend or foe at distance (no snipers with scope around and can't see colours at distance) this was causing loss of focus and a lot of time means you can see who's holding a position you're moving on.

I have a pair of compact hi mag binoculars and a hi mag monocular 10-60x22 that would probably work great in airsoft that ill take next time, anyone else use these, the site I was on was fairly large and you could never be sure who held a position your were
    Moving on but with some optics you could get that intel.

Re: Anyone use binoculars?

I've used some 7x50's in a game before as part of an OP position back when I played half the day during a themed game set 'over there', they're very good as an observation tool, but can be quite hard to use with eye protection on.

Everything depends on your game plan and the game itself, this specific had wide open sightlines from the op's location, so it was handy to mention things to a patrol team.

In a simple open day it may be worth just using a weapon mounted optic about 4x mag max.
    Opinions are like ar**holes, everyone has one.

Usually found being very unimpressed by a lot of players, but gets a pleasant surprise when they actually have a clue on a game day.

Comment

I used to carry a small monocular, about 30mm by 100mm and that sometimes helped. Binos are really hard to get a proper focus wearing eye protection and i find monoculars easier.

Comment

my god, this is brilliant. Can't believe I never thought of this. doin' it.

Comment

Surprised people dont carry small pocket monoculars when they play on sites of a large size..seriously useful bits of kit and cheap to.

Comment

The one i use fits in a sleeve pocket easily and is on a small lanyard too so you can secure it to a pocket or put it round your neck. Its coated in a sort of shockproof rubberised green body... i think it only cost about £20 a few years back.

Comment

i tried my small binos,but i couldnt see anything with my eyepro on,never thought of monos though,might give it a try
              VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
              trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

I just use a magnified optics set up and tell all the idiots who say "You don't need that for airsoft" to go and f*cking do one.

Comment

A monocular is really useful, and due to its size can be carried anywhere
                  Originally posted by Tiercel
                  The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

I have a vintage set of French Bino's I use on my Old School 58 Pattern webbing set up for a short patrol/scout style loadout. I have a compass on there as well ... just for the look of course.

: D
                    sigpic

AK47 Custom Operator Weapon / Sig Sauer P228 9mm

Comment

Everything depends on your location, sometimes a monocular or binos can work, other times you're better off with some form of low magnification weapon mounted optic.
                      Opinions are like ar**holes, everyone has one.

Usually found being very unimpressed by a lot of players, but gets a pleasant surprise when they actually have a clue on a game day.

Comment

Im tempted to see if you can get a ocular glass monocle with 4x magnification

... seeking out what team the enemy is on, like a sir.

What what

Comment

My only worry is eye relief. Wearing a ridiculous mask like mine, am I even gonna be able to look through the damn thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Agent View Post
                            Im tempted to see if you can get a ocular glass monocle with 4x magnification

... seeking out what team the enemy is on, like a sir.

What what
                            By Jove old boy! I say that would look rather dashing!
                            Originally posted by Tiercel
                            The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Somnophore Find out more about Somnophore
                            Working...
                            X