Collapse

Using flags to announce when your hit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using flags to announce when your hit.

Hello all,

I was watching a video on youtube recently of a skirmish in NY, and I couldnt help but notice how every time a player was hit, they pulled out a red flag. I thought that this was a pretty nifty idea and wondered why I hadnt seen anything similiar at any UK based sites I've been to. It seems that it would certainly sort out problems of moments when "dead men walking" are hit walking back to spawn after they've lowered their arm.

Am I missing something here? Is this already a common practice in the UK? Or is there some reason as to why we havent adopted such an idea?

Your thoughts and comments would be much appreciated!

Re: Using flags to announce when your hit.

Dead rags are used at quite a few sites and often at a lot of night games players have 'dead' cylumes of a certain colour to show that out of play people are moving towards you.

Its not new but its a good idea... I think a lot of sites just know you need a lot of them making up as players lose them, take them home by accident or otherwise destroy them accidentally.

Like proper armbands... you always start of with 40 a side and by the end of the year your site is using tape as loads go missing.

Comment

Nice idea.

But if you're walking around a corner there's still exactly the same chance of being mistaken as an alive player, arm in the air or flag out.
      Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Comment

I like this idea, I always get shot at when I'm dead even if I shout that I'm dead first...
        Perhaps we should all have those novelty hats with the massive blue spinning light on the top.
        Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
        Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

I'd say only live players get to wear camo. We all have to strip off when dead.
          Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Comment

My local woodland site uses yellow dead flags.

Urban however does not.
            AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

I don't see why this isn't more common...there's no down-side.
              Makes it easier to ID the walking dead and saves you walking around with your arm up.
              Should be universally adopted if players want to use them
              Provide your own and use if you prefer - simple
              h e y d r i c h
              L T F S

tm ngrs scar l | tm ngrs ak102 | g&g arp556 | g&g arp9 | tm spas12 | we xdm | well mp7

Comment

still wont stop cheaters though

Comment

It might help stop you getting lit up when you're already dead which is a pet peeve of mine, but as Jez the friendly dinosaur says, it won't help with hit taking.

Comment

ive played in the usa and its pretty much an unofficial airsoft law if you dont have oen you will get sh*t for it....you also will if your not wearing a face mask or something ove your teeth...everywhere iwent i got a massive amoutn of abuse for not haveing face mask just glasses and people calling me allsorts

Comment

free fire zone used to do socks that you put over your barrel, but then they became just bits of yellow fabric.. mainly because people kept stealing them.. (yeah i dont use one as my classes case at all.. nor do i have a spare one at the bottom of a mag pouch).. opps

Comment

Ive seen a system, all players start with a band on there left arm, when shot, another team memeber has to untie the flag, then re tie it to the right arm.

when shot again, player has to go back to re gen spot, move it back to there left arm and start over...

have been one site that had that, I like it!
                        FOR SALE
                        7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
                        , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

Originally posted by jssmitty96 View Post
                          ive played in the usa and its pretty much an unofficial airsoft law if you dont have oen you will get sh*t for it....you also will if your not wearing a face mask or something ove your teeth...everywhere iwent i got a massive amoutn of abuse for not haveing face mask just glasses and people calling me allsorts
                          I want to talk to you then! I need first hand view of playing in the states!

It is a good concept, but as my good friend Jez has said, won't stop cheaters
                          Originally posted by Tiercel
                          The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

i heard about a place where they would put a white cloth on their head
                            VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                            trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by badger906 View Post
                              free fire zone used to do socks
                              my team played there a few times, the yellow socks were a pain in the arse, trying to get them out of your pocket or pouch people would still shoot you 'cos they thought you were getting a mag or pyro out.
                              & then half of us went home with them still in our kit, purely by accident.

to be honest, if sticking your hand/s in the air while shouting "HIT" at the top of your voice don't stop the numpties from hosing us, can't see a little flag or sock making a difference.
                              just glad most of 'em wouldn't make it in to the services, we'd have more friendly fire than the yanks.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Coski Find out more about Coski
                              Working...
                              X