modify parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• modify parts

Anyone heard of modify parts or had any experience with them?

I need a cylinder head, piston head and nozzle to go in a shs stainless steel cylinder

Cheers
    Current : Systema Mk18 CQBR, KSC Glock 17

Wanted : TM VSR Gspec, TM Sig 226

Some of the best stuff money can buy mate. Expensive but worth the money. Their gearboxes in my opinion are better than the guarder ones by a country mile.
    “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

Re: modify parts

Torus Gearbox shell is about the toughest V2 available these days. Unlike 99% of aftermarket boxes on the market, the Torus box actually has reinforcement in the right area.
      dsgdreamteam

Comment

The only issue I've had with them is piston head seals.
        Never had a good one yet, the rest of the stuff has been very very good.
        section 24 of the 1968 Act
        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I had a Taurus sp120 gearbox in my famous £800 DMR. It was the best gearbox I've ever seen. The gearset set into a cage for easy removal is a stroke of genius. Not cheap stuff though.
          “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

Where you from danny?

Comment

North Wales pal

Comment

im from buckley mate, where do you play

Comment

Shock and awe pal

Comment

Oh and I'm from Holywell bud

Comment

Quality-wise, they are a mixed bag. Their bearings are great, the torus gearbox is a little off-spec, so has trouble fitting in some bodies, but is pretty tough. Their gearsets are not strong enough for any serious builds and their DSGs are just not up to scratch at all. Their ARL has some nice features, but isn't the most durable. Their hop rubber seals well but the lips on them are very long, 2x longer than standard, so often cause feeding issues, unless it is coupled with the exact right setup and they are a tad on the hard side. Oh and their 'self shimming gearsets', garbage. No such thing as a self-shimming gearset. Their pistons and piston heads and both brittle and weak and their springs are covered in some form of coating which can flake off with time.

What their biggest crimes are, however, is their shameful and underhand business practices:

This is an area of great concern. It is Modify's consistent practice to not only copy the innovations of others, but to seek predatory patents of them claiming them to be their original innovation. This, combined with their much wider reach and more potent marketing team, is a pretty deliberate attempt to stifle airsoft innovators. Thus far the short list includes:

SiegeTek Concepts Dual Sector Gear - This also includes multiple accessory products used in conjunction with the dual sector gear. Upon contacting modify they claimed to have come up with the concept independently. They also copied RiotSC's manual word for word. Perhaps they secretly wrote it first, years and years ago, and Riot copied it? *sarcasm* UPDATE: I guess we can add publicly lying about the origins of the manual and origins of their product to the list. According to Modify, RiotSC copied them. Its funny that.....

[Source]
                      That Source Link goes on to list multiple other questionable acts, from completely ripping off Ajax's Shock Transfer System to patenting the gear ratio 13:1 (which has been hinted at as the primary reason why Lonex do not currently produce this gearset ratio)

Yes you can compare this to the Chinese Clone market and the harm done by them, but the Chinese cloners are not placing patents on work which they have no right over and they are not physically stifling the creativity of developers around the world, and thus the future of the activity they are making a living off of, like some dirty parasite.

It's for that reason that I now refuse to purchase any of their products, even if they do make the best available, which for the most part, they just don't...

Comment

Their gears aren't very strong?
                        Strange, I've used a high torque set on a 170 spring.
                        It spat the motor out before the gears gave in, in fact, I'm still using the gears in another build.

I'll agree with the off spec gearbox shell, its heavily reinforced so doesn't like bodies like the MP5.

The DSG gears is a bit of a bugbear but Riot charge 100 quid for the gears, extra for a spacer, then you have to modify your own tappet plate. Or you could pay 60 quid and get the whole lot in one package (which riot don't do). The modify DSG gears aren't as good though.

I also don't hear you complaining about the likes of cybergun and Umarex doing exactly the same thing, they also use Chinese manufacturers like A&K and JG to make stuff on the cheap then sell it at a premium price (A&K LR300, 160 quid a couple of years ago, now 260 quid with no trades and the build quality hasn't improved under the cybergun banner).

Also, there's only 3 manufactures to make original designs after TM (the original). ICS with the split box, systema with the PTW and real sword with their bespoke SVD 4 gear gearbox.
                        section 24 of the 1968 Act
                        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Still the best gearbox I have ever seen.! And the problems I had with fitting them into a lower was that there is 'MODIFY' embossed in large letters on the casing. File that down and it will fit a treat. Quality wise they are amazing and can handle whatever set up you throw at it.

Comment

Great quality.....NOT!

A gun someone sent to me to sort for them.

Just as I took it apart to play and put it back together.

After a clean up, new piston and one of my fets too by the look of it.

Will look for the vid of the finished thing.
                            Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Someone had messed that up. Modify gearsets are in a cage which lifts out keeping all the gears still together. Looks nothing like the inside of a Taurus gearbox.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

liam88 Find out more about liam88
                              Working...
                              X