Old dog needs a new trick -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old dog needs a new trick -

so im off work for 6 weeks now due to some abdominal surgery. I intend to do some target shooting from my sofa (prob pistol only) in my living room and up until now ive always shot into small cardboard boxes and tidied up all the rogue bbs that go absolutly everywhere afterwards and im fed up with it. What im looking at on ebay or somewhere is either the fold up style taget frames with a net on the back that you replace the paper targets on like this

Or the sticky type that catches the bbs on the pad and then they drop down into the tray.

I imagine they are all pretty cheap and cheerful but has anyone used any of these and are they likely to last longer than a day? All pistols are run on ultra or duster (no green or propane), just dont want to pick up hundreds of bbs off the carpet etc anymore

Re: Old dog needs a new trick -

Avoid using them they end up it tatters after a few rounds going stray into the frame. Go for the Guarder easy shooting target box much better.

Comment

never seen those, that guarder shooting box, is it just a cardboard box? surely ill end up shooting through the back as with a standard box?

Comment

If I'm trying to limit the number of BBs flying round I tape a target onto some polystyrene and that onto a cardboard box. The polystyrene slows the BB, the front of the box slows it more and the back catches it. There's usually a bit of styrene to hoover up, but it doesn't go anywhere near as far as BBs do on their own.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crimeblitz View Post
          never seen those, that guarder shooting box, is it just a cardboard box? surely ill end up shooting through the back as with a standard box?
          The way it's set up is that there are layer of cardboard plates that stop the bbs from passing all the way through. It's quite handy.

Comment

Get a carboard box that is one of those corrugated ones that they ship laptops / screens / monitors in.

Line the inside of the box with plastic bags or one of those large plastic covering bags that you get in said boxes. Added bonus if you can get the recycled cardboard support parts that hold the item in place.

Draw a target on the outside. The shot will penetrate the cardboard, hit the plastic bags which will absorb the now limited force of the bb and it will drop to the bottom of the box on the inside. Have been doing this for a year now as at my work we have all sorts of new computer parts coming in and it leaves me with the boxes, might have a spare keyboard box with plastic wrapping around here somewhere.

'FireKnife'
            68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
            Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

The net target is a good idea, but so is a good old cardboard box

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

crimeblitz Zombie Death Squad - Team Founder Find out more about crimeblitz
              Working...
              X