What makes a hicap a hicap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What makes a hicap a hicap?

I was sorta curious as to what makes one a hicap? I'm curious about it.

Re: What makes a hicap a hicap?

it holds alot of bb's..dont quite get your question it does what it says on the tin

Comment

If you have to insert bb's with a speed loader, its a low cap or a midcap, if you wind a little wheel or pull a string in the base of the mag its a high cap, and if it has a motor, chances are its a box mag.

Comment

Oh lord yes.

Comment

hi cap meaning it holds a high capacity of bbs as opposed to a low capacity
          ie 30 rounds is a low cap, 600 is hi cap

Comment

Low /Real cap = (low capacity) magazine that holds the same or similar amount of ammunition as the real version.
            Mid cap = (medium capacity)magazine that holds more than a real cap but not as much as a high cap , usually 3x more than a real cap.
            High cap= (high capacity) magazine usually containing a reservoir of bb's and fed using a winding mechanic holding as many bbs in the magazine as possible.

Any offence taken from my posts is likely intended.

Comment

originally the TM guns (all there was in aeg's)came as standard with a 60 rnd magazine and as an optional extra they sold 200-300 rnd clockwork magazines that they called a high capacity magazine, from there it was a name given to clockwork magazines, it was only relatively recently that mid-cap's came along ,those being of higher than 60 rnds but still not clockwork in nature and usually around 100 rnd's ,still later we now also have real cap's that have the same capacity as real steel weapon magazines.

Comment

Any idea for the rules of the old school airfed mags? That hold more than 200?

Comment

As others have said.

Less than 75 rounds, fed by a spring = lo-cap.
                  Over 75 rounds, fed by a spring = mid-cap.
                  Requires winding to fill the loading tube from a reservoir = hi-cap.
                  Gas in magazine or CO2 magazine for a pistol / GBBR / bolt action = standard magazine.

Box mags and those shells / tubes you feed shotguns with speak for themselves.

'FireKnife'
                  68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
                  Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

No winding required, but BBs are fed by air into chamber?

Let me find a link to an example :p

Comment

How would you classify the stubby M4 winding mags? Technically high-caps, but they only hold 150, same as many midcaps.

Comment

Yeah, I would say it's really down to the winding wheel being there. VN style 20 round STANAGs hold 180 or so, which some mid-caps beat, and even those tiny Scorpion mags have winders (The 100 rounders), so you can't base it on capacity alone.

Comment

If i can sense it from 30ft away and taste copper, its a hi-cap...

In seriousness, it means high capacity. Usually relative to its size. So winding wheel or flash mag usually.
                          AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

If it sounds like a baby rattle and half a dozen of your team mates fall asleep as you run passed. Chances are it's a high cap.

And again.... Mids were in my eyes anything between 57 and 100 or so, untill Mag bought out the 190 round non winding mags, I still assume they are mids as well.
                            Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

I'd say highcaps are anything that require an external input in order to feed the bbs- be that a winding wheel or an electric motor. Like some have said nowadays as there is an overlap with bb capacity between mid and high caps, so maybe this is a better definition.
                              Just my 2p

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Shatteringlass Find out more about Shatteringlass
                              Working...
                              X