Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Systema guns

Hey all,
    I am considering buying a Systema rifle, but thought I should find out a little before I go spending £1000 +.
    Everybody I have spoken to has advised the M4, but I like the idea of the
    MP5.
    I will be using it for woodland and CQB games, what would you prefer ?

Anyway, your thoughts on Systema's would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Bert.

(And yes, this thread was started a while ago but got closed.)

Re: Systema guns

id get a systema m4.

theyre lovely.

also, theyre more interchangeable. front end, stocks ect.

Comment

Were you not banned......? (If thread was deleted, I'd say it would be a good idea to keep it that way?!)

Anyway, MP5 all the way for durability/practicality for CQB & Woodland.

As for the Systema debate. I think that was just about covered to death last time.

1/2 people thought they were too expensive, and similar results could be gained for the less money.

1/2 thought they were the mutts nuts, and loved them.

Result: Hotly divided!

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
        Were you not banned......?
        Only temperararely. And the thread getting locked was because it went completley off topic.

I did favour the MP5 aswell, but you can only get 40 rnd mags, and im fairly trigger happy.

Comment

Of the two (i own the M4, but have had a go of the MP5) I'd say M4. As stated above, more mod-able, and a far more tried and tested design than the MP5. Also, the MP5 is a bit of a ball breaker for changing cylinders, as well as more expensive for mags.
          Life is a short warm moment, death is a long cold rest,
          you get your chance to try, in the twinkling of an eye,
          eighty years with luck or even less.

Comment

Get a M4 CQBR - there are more accoesories for a M4 than a MP5 & it'll be more useful in a woodland enviroment.

If you want a true opnion - including the downside seriously look at going to the www.systema-ptw.com forums.

the users there do like to point out the downsides as well as the good. although as many who have ACTUALLY used them will report - they wont go back to a normal AEG. You here of plenty of people moving p to using a PTW but hardly any ever move back.
            Last edited by tallbloke; 11 March, 2009, 00:41. Reason: drunkered spelling
            I APOLOGISE IN ADVANCE IF I BREAK THE RULES.

Comment

My opinion of them is they are really nice if you have the money but are the extra features really worth all that much especially with the new TM M4 having some of the features like last shot lock and bolt catch and an ACM PTW being on the horizon.
              If I were buying one as much as I like the MP5 (and it is nice, I've had a go on one a couple of times) I'd have to go for the M4 because as everyone has pointed out is just more versatile. Also doesn't the MP5 have a habit of shedding its selector leaver if you dont keep an eye on it?
              I did favour the MP5 aswell, but you can only get 40 rnd mags, and im fairly trigger happy.
              I was told by one retailer that theres a pin in the mags which limits them to 40 rounds and once its removed it bumps it upto 80. Now I dont know if it was true or just the retailer trying to talk me into putting more consideration into buying the MP5.

Comment

Retailer bullshit. Just sorted a few duff mags for my mates PTW MP5, and it has no pin or anything else to up the capacity.

Also, the new M4, if you mean the sopmod? I've heard nothing but problems from those who bought them. Again, it's a new design, and therefore will need a while before it's fully reliable.
                Life is a short warm moment, death is a long cold rest,
                you get your chance to try, in the twinkling of an eye,
                eighty years with luck or even less.

Comment

TM M4 SOPMOD = 280fps & no more - crappy ROF & battery configuration.

ACM PTW - Obviously been keeping a eye on it. The PDF's are the Systems ones with the parts no's removed & teh pictures are of a SCK PTW - nothing has come of it yet 0 including pictures etc..... i thin celcius hae given up - noting but smoke & bullcrap seems to appear form them.

Although if they do ever release it it will be intresting to see what its like. I wouldn't expect it for at least another year of 2 espically when they have been promising it for months & yet haven't released any information regarding it at all with regards to spec's & info (pictures etc etc)
                  I APOLOGISE IN ADVANCE IF I BREAK THE RULES.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bert Find out more about Bert
                  Working...
                  X