Paypal queery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paypal queery

What is the difference between sending money as a gift, or sending money for goods on paypal.???

I have seen sellers saying "send money via gift".

WHY??

Thanks
    TM VSR-Gspec
    Custom M733 (G&P, Systema, CA,)

Re: Paypal queery

if you pay for it as goods - it costs the seller 4%, wheras paying as a gift is free. but id always pay for it as goods because you are better protected if it is a scam.

Comment

It's not free as such - paypal always take a cut of 3.4%+20p for normal accounts.

If you were to send this normally the person receiving the money would get £9.46 if they sent £10. However if they send it as a gift - the seller will receive £10 - but you will have to front the 54p fees, so you end up paying £10.54

Doesnt sound like alot - but it mounts up. Paypal are thieving scumbags at times!

As mentioned - one thing to remember about sending as a gift is that you cant claim back if for any reason you want to. Your claim wont stand as there was nothing traded.

Comment

I never knew I paid the fees if I sent money as a gift using Pay Parasite.

Check this page out:

https://www.pppay.com/

PPPay is ebids version of Pay Parasite. And if you donít know what ebid is itís another version of ebay set up by a bunch of uk lads. The fees are much better on both ebid and PPPay.

Pay Parasite only get away with their outrages fees because the cost is hidden from the buyer and because of its integration with ebay. Many buyers are unaware of the fees and the fact that sellers are forced to pass on the fees to buyers in the form of inflated product costs.

Sorry for my little rant there but as an ebay seller Pay Parasite fees really dent my pwofit

Comment

Check out this too http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4501

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Cam Find out more about Cam
          Working...
          X