filler for plate carrier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• filler for plate carrier

Hi not shore if this is the right place have looked in here and on google but is there a way i can get the weight of balistic filler with out having to go out and buy balistic filler plates. OR am i better of just getting some ex police body armor and using that.

Thanks sean

Re: filler for plate carrier

You can buy fake SAPI plates , some have holes in the bottom so you can fill them with water to increase their weight.

Any offence taken from my posts is likely intended.

Comment

Would they be the ones that ZO sells. or is ot a case of google is my friend

Comment

Originally posted by sean20012 View Post
        Would they be the ones that ZO sells. or is ot a case of google is my friend
        Zero one is the only seller
        You can probably find them cheeper though (definately zero one)

Comment

Baffled why you would. Real weight ones are an utter pain, trust me work ones are bad enough.
          Problems? Problems? There is no problem I cannot solve with this...

++ Attributed to Mad Chainsword Johnson, Commander of the White Scars ++

"Systema owners are easily startled, but they'll soon be back and in larger numbers"
          Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Just not keen on the waight of the vest with just foam in it just feels to light and dont feel right on.

Comment

Get it all adjusted. Some will just tape some old magazines together and use them as filler.
              Problems? Problems? There is no problem I cannot solve with this...

++ Attributed to Mad Chainsword Johnson, Commander of the White Scars ++

"Systema owners are easily startled, but they'll soon be back and in larger numbers"
              Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Yep, once you load your plate carrier up with loaded mags and whatever else you carry and have it adjusted properly it will feel suitably weighty, if you still want more weight pop down to B&Q and buy a box of cheap value ceramic tiles and add them to your carrier until you are happy with the weight :D

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew March View Post
                  Yep, once you load your plate carrier up with loaded mags and whatever else you carry and have it adjusted properly it will feel suitably weighty, if you still want more weight pop down to B&Q and buy a box of cheap value ceramic tiles and add them to your carrier until you are happy with the weight :D
                  I've got some real medium sized sapi plates. Need me to weigh and measure one?

Comment

Originally posted by burner208 View Post
                    I've got some real medium sized sapi plates. Need me to weigh and measure one?
                    They should weigh about 4lbs each and be just a bit bigger size wise than a sheet of A4 paper, I think it's about 12 1/2" X 9 1/2"

Comment

Hi all thanks for.your replys and help but i think we have are wires crossed the ones i was after was the soft kevlar filler not the hard plates i found hard plates on a popular selling site.

Thanks sean

Comment

Im looking at buying some real ones at some point. Currently got rollmat cut to shape in my Mayflower; the fake ones with water in move in an odd way, youd be better off with sand.
                        AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

As above, use a roll mat or two yoga mats. Will have roughly the same feel in terms of flexibility and will add a little weight to it (not much though, but should be enough to give the effect you want) I've done this on plate carriers for training to save wear and tear on the genuine kit.

Comment

Will give that a try then just need to givie it some shape might feel better on then. I have a old mat some were that i can cut up.

thanks sean

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sean20012 Find out more about sean20012
                            Working...
                            X