This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• probable stupid question about an mp5 mag

so my house bound stupidity continues...........

Does the TM mp5 high cycle drum mag work and feed well with all mp5s (ie G&G) or is there something that only makes it specifically suited to the tm mp5 high cycle?

Re: probable stupid question about an mp5 mag

Should be fine, but for the love of god do NOT use a drum/box mag on an MP5 or I will call Cthulhu to destroy it, get some of the 90rd mid caps, much better
    IF YOU HAVE ANY L7A2 GPMG PARTS FOR SALE PLEASE MESSAGE ME

Comment

as much as id love not to rattle, i cant stand having to reload mags every 20 seconds, i was getting fed up with carry 3 high caps lol

Comment

The site I play at has banned drum mags on anything except support weapons as it gives an unfair advantage over other players. Stick with mid or hi caps.

Comment

Agreed, its allows for the more spray and pray style game play which is just boring. Try limiting your time on the trigger? Doubling tapping or so should severely decrease your ammo consumption throughout the day meaning less mags

Comment

I use midcaps in my mp5 if it's my primary I have a drop leg mp5 mag holder with 2 other mids and a high.
            I LOVE changing the mag on my mp5 it's seriously the best bit about it! don't get a drum mag

------Mods ----------------------------- Members

Comment

Exactly, there's more team play to be had from changing your mags, calling out to your team that you're out and having them cover you when you change mags is all part of the game. Running around spraying eight hundred rounds on full auto isn't airsoft, it's a BB hose and not very sporting or much fun.

Comment

well without wanting to start a massive debate here (and please keep the thread on track and not turn it into a high cap shout down), i dont find carrying loads of mags and extra pouches etc around with me much fun. The only reason this thread has come up is i ordered a new battleaxe twin sound auto wind from somewhere far east and
                a: the on off switch is broken off lose in the box so it cant be turned off or changed to sound activated once the battery is connected
                b:the clamp part has broken
                c: i ordered it with a lipo battery as advertised but it came with a nimh instead
                With this and the mags i had i thought i would be sorted but £35 thrown away later im back to square one. Is 90 round the highest level you can get to on a mid? If there were 120s then id consider it as i could get a few and clamp them up in pairs without to much drama but if its only 90s available i might aswell just get another high cap.

Comment

TM have a dual mag for the high cycle mp5k they are due to bring out, as well as there being a few other dual auto by other brands, look a lot nicer then the drum style
                  Head shot aka open minded

Comment

I had the same idsa with my SL9. I didnt want to pay out for several mags so just a got a single laylax box mag for it. Probably holds the same amount as 4-5 flash mags but since I dont have pouches for g36 mags it was the easiest option.

Comment

Bane, im eagerly awaiting the mp5k high cycle but didnt know they had already released the dual mag for it. Is it in this country or should i be looking further a field? Id certainly prefer not to get a drum mag just for the akwardness of size. Which other brand do dual auto that a reasonably reputable? I thought battleaxe were the ones to go for but this POS is literally coming to pieces in my hands so im a bit put off by them lol

Comment

Originally posted by FlangTal1ty View Post
                        I had the same idsa with my SL9. I didnt want to pay out for several mags so just a got a single laylax box mag for it. Probably holds the same amount as 4-5 flash mags but since I dont have pouches for g36 mags it was the easiest option.
                        I know they're a bit pricey but Magpul do the G36 mags that fit M4 pouches, and are robust as hell!

Comment

aha, have found said mag at our very own zero one of all places, bit pricey though, could get 400 rounds with 2 G&G hi caps for just over the same price as the tm shorty mag

Comment

IIRC, the King arms MP5 mags are 110 rounds.
                            When I run my MP5, I carry 9 individual MP5 mags in 3 double M4 mag pouches (3 each).

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew March View Post
                              The site I play at has banned drum mags on anything except support weapons as it gives an unfair advantage over other players. Stick with mid or hi caps.
                              How is it a disadvantage to others when they can buy a high cap or drum mag too? players choice is players choice

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

crimeblitz Zombie Death Squad - Team Founder Find out more about crimeblitz
                              Working...
                              X