Are WE and KWA Glocks compatible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are WE and KWA Glocks compatible?

I'm wondering whether WE glock mags will work in a KWA.

I've received a Glock 18 I bought from someone today in a Magpul FPG kit. The Glock itself seems to be a KWA (has the ASG 6mm markings) and the mag, which is an extended type, has a WE base plate.

The FPG kit itself seems to function fine, and the Glock slide seems to be doing what it should, since when you cock it and pull the trigger you get the 'click' to show the hammer has worked. However, if you cock it and insert the mag it fires one shot and then won't re-cock the hammer (either in semi or auto). If you try and cock it with the mag in it won't engage the hammer at all.

It seems to me that the mag and the slide are not compatible. Then again, I don't know that the slide itself is actually functioning as it should since I have no other compatible Glock magazines to test it (I only have TMs, and they don't fit).

Anyone know about the compatibility of the two?

Emmet.
    102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Re: Are WE and KWA Glocks compatible?

EDIT: Scratch that. Read the below post
    Last edited by ForceGhost; 1 March, 2013, 19:03. Reason: Uninformed!

Comment

No no no, KWA and WE are totally different systems. Mags from one will not function in the other, even if it locks into place. The two main groups of Glock compatibility are KSC & KWA, and on the other side TM and clones. The WE is a true TM clone and therefore not at all KWA or KSC compatible. The FPG will only take a KSC or KWA slide, so the WE mag is useless. Posting a picture the mag will help sort this out.

Comment

^ That was my feeling on this (well, the KWA/KSC being one 'family' and TM on the other; I just wasn't sure where WE fell).

I've PMed the seller and will have to see what he says.
        102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Longshot Find out more about Longshot
        Working...
        X