gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gas

yo at my last skirmish i noticed that some people where using lighter gas for refillable lighters instead of green gas or 134a gases...is this a cheaper alternative or is this bad for the mags and the gun..the guy says he runs gas with addes silicone throught the mags every now and agin..thoughts please

Re: gas

lighter fluid eh....... hmmm......

id like to know too. my deagle loves gas

Comment

i did try ronson lighter gas in my glock gbb but it struggle to even cycle seemed very under powered
      m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

In a gas gun you can basically use any compressed gas you like as Green gas is basically propane with added silicon oil and 134a is about the same pressure as air dusters.
        using different gases can void warranties. also different gases ie lighter gas will have a different pressure so the cycling of the gun wil be afffected as well as the velocity of the BB, worst case too high pressure seals blow, slide cracks or pressure too low and the gun does fire. also the different chemicals in the gases will possibly do damage to the seals and gun.
        Adding silicone oil to every couple mag fills will help keep the seals nice and fresh and lubricate the working parts. Green gas is basically propane with silicone added to it.

Comment

cheapest form of propane is the benzomatic refills sold by b&q ,but id only use in a metal gun and adding silicone is a must as it will rot the orings otherwise (forgot to add you need a nozzle adaptor to use torch bottles which is availiable)
          m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

Friend of mine used lighter gas is his NBB Deagle cost him £30 its was an alright subsitute but found the fps was lower

Comment

trouble is lighter gas is butane, which is alot lower pressure than propane

Comment

i was curious so i tried it in my colt 1911 a few mins ago..it fired off a few shots then it just got far too cold and expelled the gas...the mag was freezing...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Black Bull Old School Airsofter who likes old school weaponary Find out more about Black Bull
                Working...
                X