Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What helmet to go for?

Good thread.

Looking at one myself. Never really felt the need for or even wanted a helmet, but now im getting some NVG's im going to need one. Got quite a large head (arf arf arf), so always envisaged it being an arseache to find one to fit comfortably and not look like a fat kid stuck in lift doors...

Will keep an eye on this.
    AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenriz View Post
      Good thread.

Got quite a large head (arf arf arf), so always envisaged it being an arseache to find one to fit comfortably and not look like a fat kid stuck in lift doors...

lol
      Originally posted by -=256=-Swerve

while it still exists, it's secrets time! I secretly enjoy wearing silk lingerie. ok who's next?

Comment

Originally posted by Fenriz View Post
        Good thread.

Looking at one myself. Never really felt the need for or even wanted a helmet, but now im getting some NVG's im going to need one. Got quite a large head (arf arf arf), so always envisaged it being an arseache to find one to fit comfortably and not look like a fat kid stuck in lift doors...

I'm afraid the very nature of chinstraps mean that there is no avoiding that look........

Comment

Its why ive grown an already reasonably impressive special forces beard...
          AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

There is a good thread in the loadout section with loads of pictures of different lids. Personally I use a protec "Seals" (is a skate helmet that's been painted and had Velcro put on) as someone was selling on here cheap and I liked it. I play CQB a lot and stops me whacking my head on stuff so fitted the bill nicely.

Also if you can't get tan have you thought about spraying one they are dead easy to do and can add a nice personal touch.

Comment

i only really wanted a helmet to secure my go-pro but once i got started i found myself getting a little obsessed
              i recommend the pro tec ace wake!! good helmet lightweight and fits close to the head and gives a very low profile due to the use of its softer lining!
              still provides good protection!
              by the time youve popped a few velcro panels and a morale patc etc on they look great!

Comment

My first helmet was a snowboarders helmet that had the right sort of shape that i sprayed up, loved it at first, then it got too warm and realised how bulky it was + I wanted to add night vision so it just wasn't practical.

I can't believe how much better my new helmet feels! lower profile, still gives protection from bumping heads, close head shots but has so many more options.
                sigpic

Comment

36CrazyFists? Is selling one, or one v similar in mc
                  FOR SALE
                  7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
                  , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

989lips Airsoft wise: Get stuck in and make um have it Find out more about 989lips
                  Working...
                  X