Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3d modelling / printing Magpul PDR extended grip

I've been wondering whether this is a viable idea:

Problem: The PDR grip baseplate is renown to be too short for larger hands.

I was inspecting the existing PDR grip baseplate and it could be modified pretty easily by extending it. This will allow more of a grip area for your hands but also allow for a larger battery to slot into the cavity of the actual grip space.

Now I have an interest in 3d modelling and the prospect of using something like Shapeways to get a model 3d printed is quite viable.

Now the silly thing to do would be spend a load of time 3d building an extended base grip based on the existing design, only to find out that Magpul PTS are releasing an extended grip anyway.

Thoughts?

plate.jpg

Re: 3d modelling / printing Magpul PDR extended grip

a genius idea, top way to use the new tech.... magpul will probably rob your idea, but it will take a while...

Comment

I'm sure there is a PDR grip extension already in development, or at least it is rumored. Makes sense since the grip is tiny.

Comment

An employee of PTS who posts elsewhere has stated that a grip extension is on the way at some point.

It'd certainly sell well so it would make sense for them to release one.
        REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

Nice one. Magpul sell you a percentage of a gun and sell you the rest later. Good idea.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

If you can get a following of people interested, 3d printing your own may still be cheaper, i'd certainly be happy to bang out a cad file in solidworks if someone can supply me the existing base plate dimensions
            Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

Comment

Originally posted by Kingluke23 View Post
              Nice one. Magpul sell you a percentage of a gun and sell you the rest later. Good idea.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
              Worked for Easyjet and RyanAir!

With seats on air flights, not RIFs, heyho, same rules different game.
              Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Fitch Find out more about Fitch
              Working...
              X