Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Li-Po's what are these wonderful things!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Li-Po's what are these wonderful things!

Right ive been on the airsoft scene for at least 3 years now. Up until now i have stuck to standard batterys and gas. What i want to know is what is a li-po how do u charge them and is there any customization required for them to be used? cheers

Mad
    "Ghost.... Get in my box"

TRADER FEEDBACK http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t...ghlight=mad212

Re: Li-Po's what are these wonderful things!

this might be of use to you.... http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8377

Comment

Aye, in short, I've determined three major advantages with lipo, comes with a price though (negative point listed below):

1) They are lots cheaper. For example, a well known shop has an 8.4v mini battery for something like £11.70. Same shop has their cheapest lipo for £8. Wow.

2) Far more bang for the buck, and you're saving already! If you get a high C value battery, then generally the overall capacity is a lot more. The standard capacity is more too. Eg, my 25c 2100mAh battery should last a similar amount of time that the equivalent ni-mh airsoft battery does, with 5000mAh. - Oh and of course; that part when compared shows how cheap they are.

3) Very small. My 7.4v 2100mAh 25C battery which cost £17 and has the overall capacity of around 5000mAh, is a very similar (by similar, I mean, up to 10 millimetres) in size to an 8.4v mini. Gives the same ROF as a 9.6v, and as stated, more capacity.

4) Can recharge them more times than ni-cd's and ni-mh's.

The Disadvantages then:

1) Dangerous - charge and use with caution. Balancer REQUIRED.

2) Charger's aren't cheap if you want a decent all in one option. Around £40 + for the charger and mains adaptor.

3) Extra battery monitor's etc are to be considered, in my opinion, a must so that the gun doesn't catch on fire.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Wonder when we'll all start using lithium ion batteries!
        SAVE OUR SPORT
        http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Comment

Nah, think LI-FE is the new one personally; which I'll only be going to when the prices come down!

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

What do they do that Li-po-ion-god don't? It all just sounds like a gimmick to me.
            SAVE OUR SPORT
            http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Comment

much safer, less prone to fires and also hold charge even better than Li Po's
              Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Stuff it, gas is simpler!

But, in the meanwhile, if you fit a lipo in an M4 stock tube, where can you put the low voltage buzzer?
                sigpic

Comment

Now that sir, is a very good question! They're small enough anyway, but that's something I hadn't thought about!

Comment

Well you'd have a sliding stock wouldn't you. So you just wouldn't be able to retract it all the way in

Comment

And what to do if you have a Magpul PRS sitting at the rear?

Comment

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
                        And what to do if you have a Magpul PRS sitting at the rear?
                        Cry
                        Originally posted by bravotwozero
                        And no, owning a System doesn't increase the size of your manhood

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mad212 Find out more about mad212
                        Working...
                        X