Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

AEG Cylinder/O-ring grease. What do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AEG Cylinder/O-ring grease. What do you use?

So after skirmishing for over 12 years I still am yet to find a decent alternative to the ridiculously over priced Systema cylinder grease.

Gear grease can be substituted for lots of things and I personally use a Teflon grease designed for use in ball bearings.

But for the cylinder I just cant find anything suitable.

I have tried silicone oils (thick ones) and they just spread too far and end up contaminating the hop-up rubber. They don't stay where you want them either.

I have tried silicone grease and its too tacky and causes drag.

I have tried a silicone and Teflon mix grease and over a bit of time the two parts separate and make a mess. Again the Silicone part of it was contaminating the rubber.

I have heard people use white lithium but I am not sure if it is rubber safe and when I have used it on other things in the past it dries to a white sticky mess. This is ok on car door hinges and things but not on an AEG cylinder.

So what do you use? Has anybody found something the same viscosity as the Systema stuff? The Systema stuff, is very slippery, doesn't contaminate the hop-up, stays on the o-ring, doesn't dry up and is pretty much perfect. But at about £15 for a tiny pot with literally a smear of grease (They don't even give you anywhere near a full pot!) it's just so expensive.

Re: AEG Cylinder/O-ring grease. What do you use?

I've been using a pot of grease I took off the shelf in the workshop, think the last time I used it on the car was doing wheel bearings so it's probably some kind of lithium-based stuff. Might be moly-di stuff come to think of it, so at least it'll stick to stuff well.

No idea if it's the "correct" stuff but it seems to work alright.

Comment

Have you tried silicone grease you get in a tube from car shops? Its only a bit thicker than thick silicone oil and is spot on in my experience.
      Buy my stuff!

Comment

Silicone oil - I rub the cylinder with it lightly and i put a drop on the oring. Never had a problem with it going through to the hop rubber ever (might have something to do with having sorbo installed)
        Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

I use Silicon oil aswell, just a couple of drops on the finger rub arround the inside of the cylinder then the same on the O ring.
          Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Element do a 3 pack or grease and oil in a little place on the Bay that only costs £10 for all 3 and I find they seem to work for all my jobs involving my guns.

Comment

You can get the same 3 grease kit for a fiver on a well known airsoft site....
              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

FMJ Find out more about FMJ
              Working...
              X