Ares m3a1 grease gun - whats it like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ares m3a1 grease gun - whats it like

ok, i have been staring at this gun for a few hours now after looking at the ics version...

now i know it has the batteries in the mags, this doesnt really bother me too much tbh, i can buy real cheap lipos. its more the capacity of the mags that put me off

anyway, who has one of these, what do you think of it? are they worth the £260 that shops have them for? or do i ignore the blowback and go with the ics?
    Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Re: Ares m3a1 grease gun - whats it like

Hella ugly gun, Ask yourself how readily available spare for the ICS version are compared to the Ares version.
    AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

the blowback looks nice on it...

am i just being a gun whore and wanting more and more guns? should i just say no?

i can get an ics with a load of mags for £450 or £260 for the ares, with about an extra £100 spent on 6 mags and batteries

Comment

I dont know something about Ares aegs always makes me think twice. Its like a nagging sensation at the back of my mind that says, it looks awsome but what if it breaks.
        AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
        http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

i know what you mean, ive had both good and bad experience with them, but its not a huge amount of money for the gun

is no one else out there got any reason to talk me out of one? any one have one or the ics??

Comment

brilliant gun ,very good range and great hop.
            construction and finnish is way ahead of the ics if your looking for a low cap replica, but if your just looking for a period aeg then the ics is for you.
            i disabled my blowback to be on the safe side, then made a double mag conversion using uzi hi cap internals so nw have the best of both worlds.
            ares get a lot of slagging off and to be fair most of it is well deserved,but my slr and m3a1 are the best relicas on the market, but their support weapons are utter crap.
            m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

argh! still dunno what to do

Comment

The Ares actually comes in 2 formats and I have been lucky to handle both. The first version came as a standard AEG the 2nd version was a EBB. Both use the battery in the mag system.

Both the Ares shot very well. The EBB adds some realsim and in the short time I used it never had it skip a beat. The battery style connectors in the mag I have seen fail (raw power is conducted through metal tabs on the top of the mag) but I presume like all things they can be fixed. Mags hold 65 rounds?!

The ICS I have sitting next to me is good. It takes basically m4 internals so parts are very easy to repalce / upgrade. The finish is a Matt black compared to the Ares which has a tint of green. I think the Ares got the finish better here as well as the main body on the ICS looks too neat. Instead of the stamping / welding "rough" finish which the Ares has. Mags of the ICS only come in high caps! I am looking to convert some of mine using mp40 mind caps.

I upgrraded my ICS with
                Systema Energy Tappet Plate
                Madbull M100 Spring
                Systema Energy Piston
                Systema Energy Version 2 Spring Guide
                Systema Energy Cylinder Set for Version 2

and get 350 FPS. I brought energy parts as the only battery I could fit in there was a 7.2v 1100. As I wanted it to run as smooth as possible and got the longest life out of the battery.

Smart team have just released a M3A1 which uses Ares mags, there own high cap brand of mags and has the battery in the pistol grip. Worth looking at, if you want to do ww2 milsim days and open days. As price goes I hjave seen the ICS sell for about £180 new on a Uk site and Ares you are looking around £250.

So all boils down to what you are most likely going to use. I cant comment on smart teams version as its so new not touched it yet.

Milsim - Ares (as the WW2 scene prefers not to use High caps and there are furthur restrictions on high cap users)
                Open Day's - ICS

need any more info just give me a shout.

Stu

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bob86 Find out more about bob86
                Working...
                X