m4 gas tube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m4 gas tube

ok so you know the fakegastue that runs from the m4 sight into theupper receiver,well the hole that mine goes into on my upper receiver is tosmall to fit the gas tube into. Does anybody have any ideas how i could make the hole bigger? or if i can geta thinner gas tube? oreven if i can get a grip/ris that doesnt need gas tube to fit on snugly

Re: m4 gas tube

File it or drill it.

Comment

As above, just drill a larger hole for it.

But i would recommend you drill a hole in something else first, like a a block of aluminium and then try and fit the gas tube into it, else if you drill it too big in your gun then you will have the opposite problem, simples.

JB
      Trader Feedback

Comment

Just compare your gas tube to the size of the drill bit. Find the one the same size then go up .5mm, or 1mm if you dont have ones that go up in .5mm.

Comment

I wouldn't worry too much if you make the hole slightly too large. Even if it's a couple of mil to big, the movement will still be tiny and the gas tube's not a load bearing part anyway.

It's not worth going out and buying exactly the right sized bit, but then again, try to get it as tight as you can. Worst case scenario, it wobbles a bit and you have to put a drop of epoxy in there.
          sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

funeral_tripod Find out more about funeral_tripod
          Working...
          X