Comms Help Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comms Help Advice

hi im doing a mill sim at the end of the month and want to upgrade from my maplins radio and xvoxlive headset. Please can someone provide me with some help as im getting confused as what i will need as theres a few options out there and also where to buy from.

Thanks in advance

Re: Comms Help Advice

whats your budget ?

Comment

Personally, what I use and find works very well:
      Motorola XTNiD
      Element "bowmans style" headset + "zTCI" PTT (I think zTactical is the same just rebranded?)

Used the Motorola XTN446 before the XTNiD and that worked fine as well

Cavalvy brand headsets are also very good.

With headsets, most retailers sell the headset and PTT lead separately. So you buy the headset, then generally get the same brand PTT lead for your radio (in the case of the semi-professional Motorolas that I use, it's Motorola Dual Pin).
      So for example
      http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=5720 (PTT downlead)
      &
      http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=5564 (Headset)
      go together

As per rules of the forum, we cannot speak about other airsoft related retailers, so google is your friend in this case for where to buy.

Comment

I personally use an intek 5050 with a bowmans headset and midland ptt (they the ones that do work)

bought from the land of bay or what used to be banned land of bay

Comment

hi right im goign to go with the xtnid now for head set what do people think of these
          http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=5184

Comment

My team run Puxing PX888 radios (awesome radios which are computer programmable too), but we have a variety of comms equipments including Comtacs, Bowmans, Throat Mic's, and standard in-ear sets, depending on our loadouts and play styles (our sniper has the most discreet system and our commander has big ol' Comtacs).

Throat mic's look the biz, but they're not always very clear. If you use thin or fingerless or no gloves, the small PTT (push to talk) buttons are ok, but if you have large fingers or thick gloves, you may be better going for a larger PTT button set.
            Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

could you recommend a good quality mic and ear piece system with good push to talk ability as i do have xxl hands Thanks for the replys so far

Comment

Originally posted by Machaon View Post
                My team run Puxing PX888 radios (awesome radios which are computer programmable too)
                But need a licence to use legally, and can't be used on PMR446 frequencies as even on the low power setting, the output is above the legal limit.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Basketash Find out more about Basketash
                Working...
                X