Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Camo in airsoft - effective or just a fashion statement ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Camo in airsoft - effective or just a fashion statement ?

Have you noticed that 99.9% of camo (except ACU in most circumstances) works exeptionally well if you stand still and dont move as opposed to walk or run? so it doesnt really matter what camo you use as long as it doesnt contrast with your surroundings - like ACU does (contrasts that is).

Comment

Originally posted by Scarface73 View Post
      The right camo is useful no doubt.

Face camo using cream or a mask stops you getting shot in the head so often definitely. First target they pick is a pink face.
      yep +1 to that aswell! every single shot i took last weekend was to my head forgot to take a hat etc
      thinks maybe he should go with the heard

Comment

I'm gonna exclude gillies from this discussion, as they're a special case.

Camo work IF YOU KNOW HOW TO USE IT!! I've played matches where both myself and others have been able to 'dissapear' and remain so due to both wearing suitible camo and being able to use it properly. If you run around, regardless of what you're wearing you're going to be an obvious target, if however you use the environment you can be almost impossible to see.

I played most of my early games in a Flecktarn top/grey jeans/trainers and in most I was able to ambush others, remain hidden for 10mins while people were looking for me, and survive in a fire fight due to the opposing force not being able to pinpoint my location. Whereas I've seen guys in full DPM95/MARPAT get trashed regularly because they didn't know how to use the stuff.
        * (this sounds like bragging, but I'm just trying to illustrate how even the most basic of stuff can be highly effective).

Camo, in particular colours of, comes into its own particularly at night - if you're in light coloured BDUs you're tonnes easier to spot when it's dark than if you're in something darker, especially with night vision/infa-red/etc. is in play.

Of course what type of camo and the environment in which it is being used does play a part, but I'd argue less that how the 'softer uses it.

Comment

If you're in dense foilage it comes more down to discipline, as in how quiet and how you can control your movements will affect how concealed you are IMO regardless of camo or not. Saying that wearing a bright pink jumpsuit would be a bad idea.

The amount of fail on this forum is increasing. Stop it. Use the damn search function.

Comment

The human eye picks on movement.

I've frozen in the open on one knee but was sat in the dark shade under a tree with DPM on.

I've waited until they're in range and put two rounds in each of their chests.

I was speaking to him later and he said he saw a shape but thought I was a stump until he saw me move but the rounds hit him a split second later.

The key to camo is that it breaks your shape up. Don't move and sometimes they will walk straight into you.

Comment

I dont think it helps that much for me, as I'm always at the front, charging :P
              I used to wear 95 dpm like mole1811, but I have also found wearing my own, dark coloured clothes is just as effective for my play style. I just wear a dark green sweater, tac vest and jeans/ green trousers now. Much more comfortable/warm and just as good!

Comment

Keep low (lie down or crouch), bit o' natuarel enviroment on the front of the rifle and bang your hard to see. Ive got a boonie that lets me put ghillie on, tis funky.

Comment

When im ghillied and moving slowly i seem to get closer to targets that without but thats a combination of camo and play style,

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Delta Operator Find out more about Delta Operator
                  Working...
                  X