Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mosfets

HI,

first off I have to ask do mosfets hurt your internals? There are some people who are certain that it is detrimental in the long run whilst others use them and say it helps the gearbox, also does it make a difference if they are plug and play mosfets or if they are wired 'pro' ones? Finally, I would really like to make my g36 a 3 shot burst gun; what is my best option? Thanks
    sigpic

[PTS ACR Masada DMR][APSxLonex Guardian Match][PTS PDR-C][KWA Glock 18c][My Instinct]

Re: Mosfets

Fets can damage your gun yes.

If you use an AB fet constantly quick shooting on semi you may well damage the fet, motor and battery particularly if you have an in efficient high speed set up.
    Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

It goes both ways really. I prefer fet-controllers for these reasons:
      Guaranteed full cycle - a properly configured mosfet will ensure that the lightest brush of the trigger will get a full gearbox rotation. No half-sprung pistons anymore
      No trigger arcing - no mechanical trigger on the high current line means no electrical arcing. A small thing, but worth considering.

Downsides: As above, very rapid semi firing can cause some issues, placing a high stop-start load on the motor. This can cause the motor to overheat. A high quality fet will detect increased current in the wiring and help reduce this. An upgraded motor can help, one that's designed for very rapid use.

Personally, I like them. My ICS MX5P comes fitted with one (and also a microswitch trigger, not mechanical, but that's a different story), and performs fantastically, once tuned for the batteries you are using.

Comment

I couldn't imagine using an AEG without a mosfet in long terms use anymore. The advantages gained over such a relatively straight simple upgrade (V3's you don't even need to open up the gearbox) are huge.

Besides there's a hundred+ other things that are likely to break an AEG, a Mosfet is more likely to reduce more issues than it causes.

For 'off the shelf' mosfet's without going into programmable or custom-made, I find the Infectious armory ones are pretty darn good for the money and have AB.
        "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

A plug in mosfet that doesnt change the fact that the current to the motor flows through the switch will only give you burst fire/whatever fire modes you want - it will not give you reduced resistance, increased power efficiency, higher rof etc.

A mosfet that is wired in properly will do these things - even a happy home made sub eight quid job that I can fit next to a stock tube lipo (7.4v 1450mah) in my stock tube. As I have 16:1 gears/a high torque motor a lot of current is required, enough to melt my cheap & cheerful switch block. Fitting my DIY mosfet (with no braking or anything like that) has solved this issue, thus increasing reliability significantly. (To put it this way - 150 rounds fired in sub 1 minute would result in a burning plastic smell and poor performance. Once the mosfet was installed, I put 700 rounds through the rifle in 5 minutes without it even breaking a sweat).
          Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by Ajhayter View Post

Personally, I like them. My ICS MX5P comes fitted with one (and also a microswitch trigger, not mechanical, but that's a different story), and performs fantastically
            what microswitch trigger are you using
            VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
            trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
              what microswitch trigger are you using
              The one that's built into the gun. 3 round burst mosfet controller and microswitch trigger as standard, all in the ICS Split Gearbox design with the reversal latch release. Metal hop unit with discrete click adjustments that stays where you put it nicely. Love it.

http://www.icsbb.com/web_e/html/02_p...nd2=13&num=666

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

XLR8ING Find out more about XLR8ING
              Working...
              X