Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pistol Holster Mods??

Hi guys,

Just been reading through the 'WE Yay or Nay' thread and spotted that the general consensus of WE pistols is that they are too large for most holsters.

I have just bought the WE 226 and XDM compact and recieved my IMI holster for the 226 yesterday. Needless to say it is like getting a square shape through a round hole.

I have all IMI Defense holsters and molle adaptors, belt loops etc for my other pistols so i didn't want to go down the alternative holster manufacturer road as i would need to change quite a lot of my existing gear.

It looks like it will fit if only 2-3mm bigger and i was thinking of heating the holster up in water as i have a tea urn at work. my question is:

1 . will heating the holster up in water work
    2. what water temperature is best
    3. how long should i leave the holster submerged

if anyone has had any experience with this then i will be very grateful to hear from you, alternatively if this wont work then let me know and i will bin it off.

Re: Pistol Holster Mods??

I did the same to make a 229 fit in a 226 holster.

I left it in the water for a couple of minutes, then used a vice (gripping abover where the slide goes to below the trigger guard) to make sure that the holster stayed nice and wide while it was cooling. Sorted it 100%.
    sigpic

Comment

Re: Pistol Holster Mods??

On a side note, for anyone using the knock off blackhawk CQC holsters, if you hold it over a kettle spout at the boiling point so the steam runs up the inside of the holster, you can get them to fit your pistols snugly and reduce scratching to the slide. Heat them up, put your pistol in, give it a bit of a squeeze all around, pistol out and run the holster under a cold tap. If you feel it is too tight or loose you can just redo it.

Especially good with Tokyo Marui Glock series. This would probably work with real blackhawks too but I've no way of testing.
      "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

D_Lloydy Find out more about D_Lloydy
      Working...
      X