Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Partners Opinion of Airsoft

Originally posted by GiantKiwi View Post
    No partner to speak of. However, My Dad who used to be averse to all things gun and military based hated the kit (And dropping me off to games near his when I was visiting). Finally persuaded him to come along to a game with me, slightly over a year ago and he's now spent twice what I earn in a year on it, and luckily some of it for me (Ino (Birthday) and PTW (Graduation)) :D
    I think with airsoft it is definitely one of those things that is judged by many as being for losers and walts. I am guilty of having the same opinion. Being ex army and currently working in the private security industry I couldn't think of anything worse than running through the woods with a load of kids that thought they were Andy McNab. I didn't even really want to go to my first game but went along as a few of my mates wanted to give it a go. Turned out not everyone was a walt and most just did it for fun. I have to admit though, it did take me a while to get used to some of the lads that wear all the latest SEAL or SAS gear, lol. Good that your old man has come round to it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
      Mine gets as far as dressing up in my stuff and posing with guns. But daym is that good enough for now!
      we have that at Bristol Airsoft. i think its every wednesday girls play free!
      Dead or alive....your coming with me

Comment

Andy McNab and Walts. Isn't that the same thing?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Comment

I already had a ptw when i met the missus so lucky there. Eventually she got fed up and decided to give it a go. When she asked about getting her own gun i said yeah no bother any caught your eye? Yeah i like ones like yours she said. So after showing her heaps of m4s she shows me one she likes a vfc 417. Two weeks later she has one, fires litterally 3 bbs and says its not like yours.

Well im now saving up again for her. All in the name of an easy life.
          Originally posted by B.E.N.
          Dude, that's like saying you wish you still had pictures of Monica Lewinsky sucking Bill Clinton's dick...

Comment

Originally posted by Fingers View Post
            Andy McNab and Walts. Isn't that the same thing?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2
            Lol, true!!!

Comment

The wife plays more than me now. She has full Gulf War British loadout and is an active member of Unit 13. Big Hi to any Unit guys on here. She's always on the lookout for a cheap airsoft bargain. When we're at a skirmish I hardly see her till days end
              Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Both me and my other half are serving and she doesn't mind my airsoft at all, I showed her my guns which ranges from a Snow Wolf M82 AEG to a WE SMG8 GBB and I explained I was ditching my AEGs and moving to GBB rifles as they are more realistic than AEGs and give a different dimension to my game style and showed her my SCAR L, M4, and M9 pistols and demonstrated how they are loaded and made ready just like real steel which she used when she was deployed recently and explained that my problem is that when skirmishing with GBB rifles I am outgunned and struggle to win many firefights with 30rd mags against AEG hi caps and explained I have an EGLM for the SCAR but never got round to buying grenades....so come Christmas as I am opening my presents at her parents I unwrap a box containing gas grenades, complete with pouches for my vest, mag assists and then the final present was a NVG scope which she said she thought will help me not give my position away where i am in the tunnels where I play. To really sum up how understanding my other half is with my skirmishing when she saw my new WE SMG8 she said the weight is off centre, but when she saw the M82 she deployed the bipod, flipped the lens covers up got into prone behind it and said "do not get rid of this...I want to use this if I come shooting" the only issue with that idea is she is only about 5 inches taller than it!!!

Comment

my wife chooses to ignore it and just says its big kids playing with toys .. we she is not wrong there lol

Comment

Partners, what are those? You mean women can be used for more than just sex and bringing you beverages in skimpy outfits??

Sorry all it appears Robin Thicke got hold of my profile info. As for partners I actually factor it in to whether I want to be with them or not. If they can accept my hobby and not moan about it then I am happy with that.

And before anyone says 'that is awful' it is a two way street. I am just as accepting of the hobby they do too .

'FireKnife'
                    68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
                    Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by god84 View Post
                      we have that at Bristol Airsoft. i think its every wednesday girls play free!
                      Haha. Good idea. I hit the jackpot with this girl!

Haven't managed to convince her to come and play yet though. She said "if there was a way for me to sit at the back an shoot people from far away, and not get shot myself, then I'd go" then lone survivor came out, and I had a perfect excuse to make a DMR!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mikep81 Find out more about Mikep81
                      Working...
                      X