Noisy M4! - Advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noisy M4! - Advice needed

I recently bought a brand new G&P receiver, complete with brand new gear box and 120 motor for a CQB project. The AEG has a DD 4" rail (comes with roughly same size inner and outer barrel).

My problem is, damn its loud when it fires!

Any ideas as to why? Is it just new and needs bedding in?

Compared to my G&P sentry which has a 7" DD rail, its is noticeably a lot louder! To the extent that once I start shooting in a game, I get too much attention!

Any ideas or questions on my setup would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

What kind of loud? The sound of te piston head hitting? Or the motor whirring? Or the gears turning? Or a screeching?

Comment

Re: Noisy M4! - Advice needed

does it have that soundhog like in your sig? they make it louder so might be that?
      TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

I would say piston wise and out the end of the barrel (like a clacking) sounds silly I know but that's the best way I can describe it.

Can upload a video clip if this helps

Comment

It did have the sound hog, not now though, hog made it even louder! (Put this on before realizing I had a sound problem)

No, doesn't have anything on the front now other than std flash hider

Comment

Forgot to mention, not sure if this makes a difference, but both AEG's have v2 ASCU's fitted in them. Both running on 11.1 lipos.

I will upload a clip in a bit (once I figure out how to)

Comment

Just uploaded a clip:

http://youtu.be/Um1TElMHrs4

Note: the funny noise after 3 round burst on the CQB gun (top) I think is caused by the motor magnets not being strong enough, so probably need to reinstall the anti-reversal latch. (As per the ASCU manual advises)

Think this might be unrelated to the loudness as single shot is still just as loud

Comment

Lovely, nothing like whacking an 11.1v Lipo into a gun where the manufacturer recommends nothing higher than a 7.4v, I wonder why they do that, oh that's right because you are going to turn your internals into swiss cheese!

Mate, you are destroying those guns, your gearboxes are going to last half as long as they will on a 7.4v and Airsoft is not all about ROF.

I don't mean to sound patronising and hear loads of people saying I run an 11.1v lipo with no problems but the fact is they will not last half as long and some of them not even that. G&P are alright guns but they're not all that and some of the newer gearboxes are not all that at all.

Comment

Hi Andrew,

Cheers for the info, ROF doesn't concern me (hence why i don't use full auto) However trigger response does concern me :-)

I spoke to my local Airsoft retailer a while ago who advised that the safest way to run a gun on 11.1 would be with an ASCU present. I understand that internals won't last as long as naturally they will wear quicker and any potential weakness will be unearthed quicker too, which I am happy to accept.

However the problem I have (with it being loud) exists on the new G&P receiver before and after the ASCU was fitted, as well as on 7.4v and 11.1v lipos.

So as much as I accept your point, I don't think this is the cause of my problem I am asking about.

Unless you can advise another possible reason?

Cheers

Comment

you will find alot of shorter barrel'd guns get this often its just the norm if you want to quieten it down install some sorbo pads in the gearbox and a foam filled suppressor if you dont mind haveing one

Comment

I know this sounds odd but have you tried swapping the upper receivers on the two guns you have, can you humour me and try it if you haven't already.

Comment

Cheers Andrew. Not tried swapping the uppers no, good point (completely didn't think about that)

Will give it a go and see how the results differs.

Cheers jssmitty96, I put a foam filled suppressor on the front, but not heard of Sorbo pads. Will google those cheers :-)

Comment

basicly its just some little circular pads that you glue on the front of your cylinder head to damped the cracking sound of the piston hitting it

Comment

they don't always make the gearbox quieter tough. my spectre went form being average to very loud after fitting a sorb pad. i now get a very distinct "crack" when it cycles.
                            For Sale!
                            TM M870 with a load of stuff
                            A&K massada sniper spec
                            Chronograph
                            leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

Have you used it with bb's? Things only work if you fire the gun with bb's. Not dry firing.

Things that make bb guns loud are, Ali piston heads and un matched cylinder to barrel length.
                              Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

KBoy76 Find out more about KBoy76
                              Working...
                              X