is this legal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: is this legal?

Customs like to crush things, so you best waiting for that number to come through

Comment

you dont have to buy a RIF for them to process it , most will do it for £5 if that ,

Comment

You say that you gave the forms to your local skirmish site, my understanding (and this is what I did) is that you take your completed form to a retailer, when you make your first purchase, or you can simply post it with your order. Alternatively if you where not ready to buy at the time you could just hand/send the form in. and it should be free

Comment

I get calls all the time from HMRC asking to validate site membership. No mention of UKARA.

Its a site membership number NOT a UKARA number too!

Comment

i just got my signed, walked to my local airsoft retailer and he stuck it on the system there and then, no costs no buying anything nothing just a smile and a there you go and showed me
            Originally posted by BALBOSA
            yeah thats what i was talking about my tactical warfare official gay card
            Team: Treadstone
            Armoury: AK-47, M4, L96, MEU

Comment

I handed mine into my local site's shop. It took a few weeks for them to do it (who knows why it took so long?), but in the mean-time, a retailer you have to call to order phoned my site to confirm I was eligible.
              WRT HMRC:
              I just recently received a package from Hong Kong. I asked the shop to put my UKARA number on the outside, and it sailed through no problems.

Comment

As said before Your site cannot register its members on the UKARA database even if it does have its own store, It is simply against the UKARA boards rules as anyone could sign anyone up, You have to take your form to a store in the UK that uses UKARA along with ID etc to get them to put you on the database (Or simply post it to a site). You may be able to get a gun through customs with just your defence but you will need to get a shop to write on contact details for you and your site owner also your membership details. UKARA numbers are a lot easier as HMRC recognises UKARA and its membership database so get on the database for it to be easiest and relatively painless, well besides the import duty, VAT and fee's.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

As long as you are resisted with a site you can buy a RIF, UKARA isn't needed. That is what I have and never a problem for me.

Comment

Originally posted by aribos View Post
                    As said before Your site cannot register its members on the UKARA database even if it does have its own store, It is simply against the UKARA boards rules as anyone could sign anyone up,

yes that would be terrible if a site that owned a store had a player turn up once and then validate them the next day.

Comment

This is where UKARA falls down.

A site that sells RIFs has no interest in setting you up with UKARA. If they drag their heels you'll get impatient and buy a RIF from them. They can prove your a skirmisher, if they give you UKARA you can prove it eslewhere.

Comment

OK, my post went missing.
                        To clarify, my site's shop is run by an online retailer who is a member of UKARA, not the site itself.

Comment

I can double this. What you need to prove is that you are an active skirmisher/site member. The UKARA is just an extra that will work to your advantage when dealing with customs.

On a side note, I was just curious but wouldn't it be more cost effective to just buy the scar from a UK seller? If customs do get a hold of it there will be tax to pay on top of what you paid to buy it (which varies depending on the value of the item).

Originally posted by Fossilfuel View Post
                          Not true - UKARA is useful but i know of instances where HMRC - or UK borders as they are no have verified a player by other means - usually a site membership or site owner (i know of at least 2 cases of it like that)
                          Democracy: Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
                          Liberty: A well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

TM M4 CQB-R SOPMOD, WE M1911 SILVER x2, KJW MK1, KWA USP .45, KWA MP9 (soon)

Comment

I would buy from the uk but couldn't find any retailers that sold the WE SCAR
                            thinks maybe he should go with the heard

Comment

you DONT need ukara to buy from abroad.
                              uk reatilers have mislead *** **** into beleaving this,now they wont ship to the uk without you supllying this is beleive.(i havnt bought from them recently,but noticed they ask for ukara no. on the details page if you select the uk.)
                              BUT *** **** and customs, CANT even check if the no. you give is real or fake.
                              you can buy rifs if you can give proof that your a skirmisher(skirmishers diary,site owner verification,ect)ukara isnt the be all and end all,infact its totaly flawed in this respect.
                              user name changed from b*tcht*ts

Comment

Just found a UK based company that said they would call and ask the site so will order via them I think
                                thinks maybe he should go with the heard

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

T180985 Find out more about T180985
                                Working...
                                X