Buying busted weapons...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Buying busted weapons...

only once have a received a gun from here that was wrong,it had a snapped stock which had been repaired badly,which the seller failed to mention,and i have probably bought over 80 guns
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

welcome to Zeroin

I am a tad harsh some sellers are not bad, but often people sell because it's not performing as well as it should they say it was working last time they used it ... they cycle a few more shots through it 'for old times sake' once the money is in their paypal then suddenly it all goes tits up... they send it anyway and blame it on you.

It's not all bad stories though, and since the rule on photos being in listings I think the amount of dodgy posts has dropped, ... but sadly the prices have not

------Mods ----------------------------- Members

Comment

I've bought two second hand - generally I only go for sellers with lots of positive feedback to be honest. One also happened to be a forum helper, which I took as a good sign to be frank

Generally I run the pics through TinEye and Google Image search to make sure they aren't ripped off, don't buy from users with little/no feedback (If they have none here, I ask for an ebay ID or other sales ID and message them direct on there to confirm), and if they ask me to PayPal gift I run a mile - even if they have loads of positive feedback, there's no way I'm ever gifting money on PayPal.

I haven't asked too many questions in either situation, but have come out the other end with two guns that I love! I had one tiny issue with one of the gas pistol mags leaking (only when outside, in -1 conditions, inside it was fine). Quick strip, re-seal and lube later and it's perfect - I wouldn't blame the seller for that one as it was a) a five minute fix b) pretty extreme conditions and c) The rest of the kit was in perfect (as new) condition

Comment

Always buy trashed internals, never trashed externals.

The best advice I've had on this is that gearboxes are cheap, easy to find parts for, and 99% of parts work together.

External body parts however have so many differences between the same designs, it's a nightmare to sort it out.

So I just look out for guns with jammed gearboxes etc unless I have the parts I need already say with me for the externals

Comment

Had good and bad experiences , bought a g&g gr26 on here and that has been and still is superb .
            But .... I bought a vfc scar on here 2 weeks ago that was a total heap of crap .
            Was described as having had "light" use only . If you call a smashed piston , jammed and stripped gearbox , burnt ou trigger contacts , short in battery wiring due to fuse being removed causing the motor to overheat and at one point spark so much i thought it was going to explode a gun that has had " light" use only , then i would hate to see what heavy use would do . Reckon it was run on a 11.1 lipo since day one and ragged to hell .

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lobby Find out more about Lobby
            Working...
            X