pants on head time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pants on head time

ok, so mildly embarrassing question but......how do you fill a gas mag with gas? :P

the reason i ask is because i have 2 G&G m4 gas mags that im sure aren't leaking, i push the nozzle of my brand new can of gas into the filling valve, hold it there for the count of 12-15 or so and then put the mag in my gun, i get about 3 shots before the mag is totally empty.

even if the mag was leaking a bit it couldn't possibly empty the whole mag in the time it take me to push the mag into the gun...which means the only possible explanation is that im not actually putting much gas in to the mag - so what am i doing wrong?

(yes the seals have been recently greased, plus they are not very old at all)

Re: pants on head time

Like filling a lighter.

Hold gas can upside down vertically and push into nozzle.

Dependant on type of mag, one of two things will happen when full:
    1. Nothing at all - all noises will stop, nothing to see.
    2. Gas will start venting out as though the mag is "overflowing" with gas.

At the beginning you should hear gas transferring in.

I suggest wearing a glove on the hand holding th mag in case you have an "overflow when full" type as you can get cold burns on your hand.

In any instance, hold can in place for 30 seconds or until gas spews out. Rinse and repeat until you are happy it is full.

Comment

ah, upside down.....dont i feel the fool : /

Comment

Nobodynwas born knowing everything.... Except my 6 year old lad...........

Comment

Messy, it's a mistake we've all made at some point.

Your can of "gas" will actually contain, depending on how full it is and the type of gas, a varying amount of the gas in gas form and in liquid form. The idea is to turn the can upside down so the liquid gas (for ease of description) is by the nozzle. What you actually fill your mag with should be liquid rather than gas, driven in by the expanding gas above the liquid. This should mean that you get far more shots, as the liquid evaporates in to gas as the gas is used up.

Comment

rather than littering the forum with another thread......one of my mags has a leak i found to be from one of the seals of the actual gas reservoir tubes (not the valves) - problem is having searched google i cant find any replacements

i need one for a G&G gas M4 mag, any idea where i can get these?

Comment

Email GHK, as they are the manufacturer that supplies them to G&G, and they may be able to point you in the right direction.

Comment

Or take the valve out and measure the oring.
                -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Failing that get some instant gasket off ebay and use that - I've replaced green-gas storing magazine seals (specifically a KWA Glock mag seal) entirely with instant gasket, and it holds gas perfectly.
                  Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Ah the good old 'upside down' fill issue :p.

I must admit if it wasn't for me working in a summer shop over the school holidays where they sold cheap refillable lighters I wouldn't be any more aware myself. But after 6 years of pistol play I can now do it with perfect angle each time, I still suck at using electric and spring guns though.

'FireKnife'
                    68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
                    Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

bizzar thing is iv been using gas pistols for about 7 years with no problem, never thought about it but with pistol mags i just naturally held it upside down without thinking. wasnt till i got these rifle mags that i had the issue cos for whatever reason i naturally held it valve up.

must be a quirk of ergonomics i guess

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

messy Find out more about messy
                      Working...
                      X