Does your gun like Semi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does your gun like Semi?

Well, the VFC seemed to like it for half the day, then the other half every other shot would reward me with a 'thwap' sound, and nothing would come out, so would have to fire again to clear.

Seems full auto it's fine though? Very odd.

Spoke to a few guys down at the old courthouse today in bristol and they were having the same issue, most anoying!!

Yet my cheaper AK seemed to love Semi, how anoying.

Do you guys have any issues with semi?
    Weapons of Choice:
    G&G SOC-16
    Socom Gear NOVAK neXt 1911
    JG - AK47 tactical
    VFC Scar - L
    Custom Benelli M3 Super 90

Re: Does your gun like Semi??

must admit aint had any problems on semi ...(touches wood) yet but in saying that never had a vfc mate.
    why cant we all just get along??

Comment

There was a guy on site with a G&G L85 and another with a star, and also another chap with an MP5 (unsure of make).

They all had the same issue as me on semi, perhaps a common issue with a certain setup of version 2?
      Last edited by steveoz; 7 February, 2010, 23:08.
      Weapons of Choice:
      G&G SOC-16
      JG - AK47 tactical
      VFC Scar - L

Comment

my ptw is fine on semi
        WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

Well I don't think there's many SA80's that like semi automatic.

Eg, my AA A1 today wouldn't really fire at all on semi.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

my old G&G L85A2 would struggle sometimes on Single Shot, and othertimes it was fine. TBH, I just used it on full auto all the time, the ROF was so lazy that a single shot was possible with good trigger control
            WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

Make sure your pulling in the trigger properly!

Comment

My AK has issues with semi, I have to give it a burst on full auto, then switch back and it'll be fine then.

Comment

yeh I was a bit stuck, on the 9.6 the ROF is pretty lively on the VFC, and at a single shot only venue it wouldn't have really been useable.

Perhaps I will take it out and clean the barrel etc up, but like I said, it seemed a fair few people were having issues so it made me wonder if it was common.
                  Weapons of Choice:
                  G&G SOC-16
                  JG - AK47 tactical
                  VFC Scar - L

Comment

Active breaking Mosfet needed to get semi to work all the time.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

There is a few common semi issues.

The one intervention described is lock up. Caused by the semi over cycling, and the cut off leaver getting stuck on. Burst on auto frees that one up.

If you have a one shot good, one bad scenario, it is often that the motor is over spinning. This causes issues feeding as the airnozzle is in the wrong place! An AB mosfet will sort this out. This problem is especially common with large capacity and 9.6v batteries!

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
                        There is a few common semi issues.

The one intervention described is lock up. Caused by the semi over cycling, and the cut off leaver getting stuck on. Burst on auto frees that one up.

If you have a one shot good, one bad scenario, it is often that the motor is over spinning. This causes issues feeding as the airnozzle is in the wrong place! An AB mosfet will sort this out. This problem is especially common with large capacity and 9.6v batteries!
                        Interesting, I wondered if it was to do with it not cycling correctly.

Mosfet investment next then!

Seemed odd it was ok for a while then seemed to get worse in the afternoon, but I had switch mags, so perhaps it wasn't feeding as well.
                        Weapons of Choice:
                        G&G SOC-16
                        JG - AK47 tactical
                        VFC Scar - L

Comment

my ics l85 likes semi, although it does sometimes succumb to overspin requiring a quick burst of auto, possibly due to the fact that the smallest battery i use in it is a 9.6v 2200
                          Not to worry about breaking the law, as long as you're healthy.- spetsnazdave87

At which point I would mount my ride, which is a donkey called Akbar, and charge off into the enemy, lighting the grenades as I go

Comment

Originally posted by army will View Post
                            my ics l85 likes semi, although it does sometimes succumb to overspin requiring a quick burst of auto, possibly due to the fact that the smallest battery i use in it is a 9.6v 2200
                            Hmm, so 9.6's are a prime suspect for the semi issue.
                            Weapons of Choice:
                            G&G SOC-16
                            JG - AK47 tactical
                            VFC Scar - L

Comment

Re: Does your gun like Semi?

Well apart from on the AA L85A1 which uses a rather strange set up which is pre cocking. You'll always have semi issues on that regardless!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

steveoz Find out more about steveoz
                              Working...
                              X