Your favourite M4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your favourite M4

My mate's (all five of them who own KWAs of this length) 7" KWA m4 is heavier than my 14" Dytac M4 (with an 11" rail system) DyTac is another manufacturer of M4s that you missed by the way - their m4s have gorgeous externals (apart from the made in HK markings on some of them).

Anyway, my favourite m4 is my m4
    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

VFC for the externals
      G&P for the gearboxes
      TM for overall stock reliability and best hop-up performance out of the box

Dytac.......don't get me started, *looks at the pile of broken and sub-standard Dytac parts he has in the bits box*

Comment

You've had problems? I've only got dytac externals on my M4 and they are pretty damn awesome for the price - the Invader RIS needs tightening every now and then but that's a small price to pay for an otherwise good looking/functional gun (the fake selector cap also dissappeared first skirmish I took it to though )

If I were to get another rail system I'd get one that didnt wobble as the screws worked loose though!

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
          Theres a heavy gun, then theres KWA... :P
          then theres a systema tw5

heavy for how small it is :P

Comment

My hurricane shrike

/end thread

Sent from my phone using my fingers

Comment

Dytac internals are flawless, the externals almost so, with the exception being that a few things on the receivers can be slightly out of proportion.

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
              If I were to get another rail system I'd get one that didnt wobble as the screws worked loose though!
              Put blue loctite on the screw threads before reassembling it, should sort it.
              Main Armoury: CYMA Zhukov AK | G&P M7A1 | PTS Masada AKM

Comment

Interesting the differences in opinion on G&P and Dytac who are practically the same company...

Comment

Where's ICS? Shouldn't they be a contender?
                  "Unleash just one load into the enemy
                  and be ready to go again straight
                  away... and that doesn't happen very
                  often does it lads!" - ZeroOne

Comment

G&P & DyTac are the same company ben? Is this like KWA/KSC or not quite to that level?

Giantkiwi - I went for green loctite in the end (the high strength version of loctite 243) - it's been solid since, but then again I havent skirmished it since.

Comment

Love my KWA :P. It is a heavy beast though - keep meaning to rewire it to shift some of the weight back a bit to get a bit of balance back. The massive RIS I have on it doesn't help its weight in the slightest I must admit. That thing has never missed a beat! Think I may need a new hop rubber though as the accuracy is beginning to deteriorate slightly... Oh the horror of modding it. It's worked so well till now... Haha. ICS are super reliable but nothing show stopping, perfect back up or beginner guns. Recoil Shock TM's are beautiful but a little pricey, but you pay for top quality. I must admit, I've never really been won over by any gun's externals - what's inside is so much more important in my eyes. I don't care if the plastic handguard feels a bit cheap, it'll be replaced by RIS ASAP. As long as the body's not made of some shite pot metal I'm happy. And trades, I really couldn't care less. Give me a nice shooting but only moderately good looking gun over a gorgeous lemon anyday! Unless we're talking Femme Fatale or the G&G Fakepul crap, those things are horrible! G&G make some lovely guns, but they also make some really, really ugly guns...
                      sigpic

Comment

The kwa m4s really work well with a madbull blue and .25s, like terrifyingly well

Sent from outer space

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
                          Interesting the differences in opinion on G&P and Dytac who are practically the same company...
                          Not quite sure I can believe that...
                          Main Armoury: CYMA Zhukov AK | G&P M7A1 | PTS Masada AKM

Comment

I don't own an M4 but if I did I'd go with G&P. They seem to have the quality and price point that sets them apart.

My current primary is a VFC HK416 which I run stock. If I ever felt inclined to switch to a MK18 or Magpul sentinel then I'd go G&P for sure. Actually that sounds quite appealing come to think of it... *browses classifieds.
                            Check out my channel for airsoft/film goodness>>>> http://www.youtube.com/user/Nightshi...o?feature=mhee

Comment

I have had a few M4s over the last year.

2 - G&P (MRP & EOD)
                              1 - KWA (S-System)
                              1 - ICS (Para)
                              1 - VFC (SR-16)

The VFC is by far the best out of the lot. The externals are simply amazing and she runs like a dream. But then I could get 2 G&P M4s for the price of the VFC!
                              TM SCAR-L recoil / G&G top tech 416 / TM USP compact

Comment

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
                                G&P & DyTac are the same company ben? Is this like KWA/KSC or not quite to that level?.
                                This is great to know as I own a Dytac M4..

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

perry.L Find out more about perry.L
                                Working...
                                X