ASG Steyr SSG 69 P2 Sniper rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASG Steyr SSG 69 P2 Sniper rifle

Hi everyone couple of questions for you.....

What's the best spring for this file to get it to the 500fps limit

Also anyone know how to fit a silencer as the barrel is threaded but bigger than anything I can find

Any help will be great
    Thanks

Re: ASG Steyr SSG 69 P2 Sniper rifle

its not all about the spring , its about a lot of things such as:
    spring
    piston
    piston head
    cylinder
    is it air tight?
    in the cylinder is it greased and smooth?

then the obvious, if your using .2g it will go faster than .3g but the .3g will hit harder and be more accurate
    Gas Sig Saucerhttp://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...170-gas-pistol

Comment

If you plan to upgrade the spring. be prepared to do some work strengthening the internals (sear etc) a 500 fps spring can demolish stock internals ( from experience of my first sniper upgrade)

Comment

What is it with the sudden influx of people with single-digit post counts and a desire to build an absurdly overpowered bolt-action?

Comment

Originally posted by PureSilver View Post
          What is it with the sudden influx of people with single-digit post counts and a desire to build an absurdly overpowered bolt-action?
          500 tends to be the limit for most sites so it's not absurdly overpowered.

Even though I'd prefer to keep it around 450-470ish
          IF YOU HAVE ANY L7A2 GPMG PARTS FOR SALE PLEASE MESSAGE ME

Comment

The question isn't "what can I do to maximise the range of rifle X", or "how can I best enhance the performance of rifle X", it is "how do I get rifle X to shoot at the maximum velocity permitted at any UK site". From a user with three posts. I admire your optimism, but after the air-rifle thread, I'm don't share it.

Comment

Originally posted by PureSilver View Post
              Because the forum insists that all noob snipers must get their rifles to 500fps or else the world will implode!

Heaven forbid that a new sniper should learn about field craft or how the rifle ACTUALLY WORKS, so they can get kills at range.

No it's always "I must get the most power because that means most range so that means I will be bestest!"

Not one new sniper has ever asked, how can I become the most proficient at this style of play!

Nerd rage!!!

Andy
              Originally posted by Coz
              Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
              http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

While I recognise your rage, greater fps is an improvement as it allows you to hit a moving target with more success. Obviously it does nothing for accuracy and if you don't change everything else relevant it will have a very negative impact on accuracy.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by Rich83 View Post
                  While I recognise your rage, greater fps is an improvement as it allows you to hit a moving target with more success. Obviously it does nothing for accuracy and if you don't change everything else relevant it will have a very negative impact on accuracy.

I see your logic, bb moves faster therefore less time in transit before it contacts your target.

But that makes naff all difference if you are shooting a bolty, you'd have to estimate the lead correctly. It's not like an aeg where you can fire a burst in front of a running target and hit him....

I just get very annoyed when the general consensus on the forum is that all sniper rifles must be upgraded as soon as possible or else you will be a crap sniper. Which lets face it is what we're saying.

But if we were to encourage players to simply use their rifles out of the box for a while, they would soon learn that they need to be able to sneak a bit closer, that the bb can drop onto the target after it reaches its maximum high point from the hop up. That wind blows it in x/y direction and they should compensate accordingly. That using heavier bb's will retain more down range energy thus effectively travel further compared to lighter bb's despite the fact they are slower.
                  That if they give their internals a damn good clean and proper greasing they will last longer and be more efficient...
                  Let alone that by the time they learn that. They'll actually be a half decent shot and will be "ready" to upgrade to more power.
                  Christ don't even get me started on range estimation!

No. It's whack in a 500fps spring and become a ninja overnight....
                  Originally posted by Coz

Comment

To be fair to most new airsofters it is only logical that power = distance. Normally when your average joe throws something the power they put into the throw dictates how far it goes. Logic.

Although am just as intrigued why snipping as become such a hot topic of late.

What I don't understand is why the more veteran airsofters/posters here berate newer members/airsofters. You don't have to answer the question or even read the post.
                    Zeroin - Come for the airsoft. Stay for the trolling.

Comment

I hold nothing against someone who wants to upgrade their spring - it just concerns me that they a ) don't recognise the massive strain on their internals and b ) won't make them a ninja.

Comment

I just want to take them all under my wing and groom them.
                        Originally posted by Coz

Comment

Sounds wrong lol

Comment

Jimmy savile was a sniper you know

Comment

If anyone ever asks about DOWNGRADING a spring, I will be F**KING SURPRISED!!!
                              Rocking out... With my Heckler & Koch out...!

Legion 412

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Manndo Find out more about Manndo
                              Working...
                              X