ICS SA80 carbine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS SA80 carbine

Hi im sorry if this is in the wrong place but I have a problem with my new ICS SA80, ive had it chroneoed and it was between 180-260 on all 3 spring positions. Does the screw connected to the motor in the butt stock have anything to do with the low FPS? Also the gun sometimes wont fire. At my last game I got one match out of it then it wouldnt fire.

I would be grateful for any help on these problems as I am aiming to have a British Army loadout.

Thanks.

Re: ICS SA80 carbine

most ics l85's ive had/seen have been around 230 fps the motor has noting to do with it althought if you over or under tighten it it wont fire or will be very loud

Comment

How do i know what position is best for the motor?

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c06mrMOkQig
        going by this chrono test I would say your l85 is well down on power,I had a similar problem with my new aps m4 which was shooting about 200fps, it turned out to be a faulty o ring in the piston head ,check this and also the air nozzle seal into the hop up...cheers mark

Comment

As above really with the FPS issue.

The firing issue, It happens occasionally on mine, the contacts are in a bit of a stupid place really - It's right open to the elements. Next time it doesn't fire - and should, flick it to auto and try it. (Or single if it won't fire in auto).

What I found on mine, was that the contacts got shit on them, causing them not to spring back. Simple fix, split the body, and push the little contacts near where the trigger is Only do this when the battery is disconnected as in escence you're making a circuit.

Push them down, and you should feel if one of them is a little less willing to spring back up. That's the contact that wants cleaning

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h4WYeA1tQI
            try this for the motor adjustment

Comment

Just fire and adjust til it sounds as quiet as you can get it that's the easy way I remember now shivering some cardboard in mine somewhere to stop that happening although my gun stopped working on semi altogether eventually had it apart and there was no issue to be seen

Comment

Funnily enough, we had this crop up on site today. Turns out the spring had shortened itself by about 7 coils and ended up firing at around 260fps on the highest setting.

Although, by the sounds of it, it might be worth giving it to a techie if it refuses to fire on occasion.
                The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Thanks guys for all your help, i have spoken to our tech guy and he has told me to get a new M110 spring to cure the fps, he is not sure about the gun stopping. He asked if the connectors were connected properly. They were not loose so i assume the problem lies elsewhere.

Comment

might be a dumb point but have u checked u havent got too much hop applied. i ask because my m16 was doing something similar after a friend borrowed the gun.

Comment

I have set my hop up but it doesnt seem to effect the low fps so i have ordered a new M110 spring. The only problem i have now is the gun sometimes wont fire. I cant work out what the problem is, i put a fully charged 9.6 1600 battery (not lipo) and it fired on full auto and single for ages then today no joy. The trigger clicks when it moves which i think is normal but the gun wouldnt fire. Then after a few mins it fired. Very strange and annoying.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bigcringe Find out more about Bigcringe
                      Working...
                      X