Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Bang rule and red rag/dead rag ... yay or nay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bang rule and red rag/dead rag ... yay or nay?

Seen this pop up on a few threads lately - Bang rule! My local site appear to of dropped it all together apart from when it suits the "favourites" Now personally im cool with it, in my opinion its the gentlemanly way and saves people bitching about point blank kills and over kill at close range when you get "spooked" and pop off a few shots whats everyone elses view point?

As for the dead rag i think it a good idea and doesnt hurt to have a scrap of material in a pocket or pouch... also a sting saver during medic games where you may not be in the most obvious dead position and saves getting peppered to bits.

Would really appreciate constructive responses and try and keep the bitching to a minimum lol

Re: Bang rule and red rag/dead rag ... yay or nay?

Bang rule is fine only if it is used as a knife rule, or an offered surrender.

If you can touch the other player on the shoulder, be it bang or knife, you're dead.

I disagree when a player steams a room, yells bang bang bang bang and expects players to take it.

Just my two pence worth.

Ill stick by whatever rule the site wants to enforce.

Comment

Bang rule is the worst thing in airsoft. Awful idea.

As for Dead Rags, my locals both use them. Great idea. If you're not holding one you're viewed as in play and a viable target. Cuts down on the "well i wasn't actually dead mate" issue.
      AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

I agree not a great fan on the bang rule! Only situation I'd use it is if you pop round a corner or obstical and there's someone imidiatly there or in a bad position like head/face. It annoys me when a player runs in and shouts bang bang bang bang as fast as they can and expect people to take it! I had it once in woodland where a single guy flanked us and came from behind our 8 man team to yell bang bang bang your all captured! What made it worse was the marshal/owner said yeah all dead, even tough at least 3 of us turned and raised wepons imidiatly! I'd rather take a spay of full auto to the back of the legs after all he did a good job getting behind us without being spotted! So fair enough if he shots all of us, but what are the chances when it's 1 on 8 even if by supprise! I rarely play at that site due to that rule, most other sites just say we don't play bang rule! Just common sence if in a tight situation!

As for the red flag idea, great idea! I also remember a Facebook page referring to something like this where they were selling armbands that when shot turned into a flag! Great idea but not seen it around!

Comment

I've used it before when I've got the drop on people, it's only fair not to gat them in the back from 6" away, I've never played at sites where it is enforced though.

One time though a lad decided to change his mind 4 seconds after I popped a corner with a pistol pointed at his chest while he was pulling his glove back on with his weapon slung - three rounds at 370fps from 1 foot away to the knuckles later i was not a happy man...

If I get the drop on someone and they are wearing a chest rig/plate carrier I'll put rounds into that though, it's hardly going to hurt them...
          Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Had it used on me before, and tbh the guy stepped around the corner and said "surrender", with his pistol pointed straight at my face. I took the hit, but tbh I would rather he had just shot me in the chest or leg. And definitely preferred it if he had been aiming chest just in case!

I have seen a few videos where people use red rags, etc and put over they're head on just hold them up high and I agree it sounds a good idea. But playing mostly at the mall The obligatory shouts of dead man walking and one hand in the air usually work.

Comment

Bang rule no. just no.
              a gentlemanly (or womanly...) Surrender is just the nice thing to do. or just one shot is enough.

and im not fussed about dead rags. if a site wants them used then yes, but if not nah.
              -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
              -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

if its used as it should be, there is nothng wrong with the bang rule, the principle though is sound.

Unfortunately its far to open to abuse, and if marshals dont properly enfore it (to people uisng it more so than poeple being 'killed') then its never going to work.
                comment about people running into rooms shouting bang bang bang for example, its not what the bang rule is for, and at my local site the ymade an effort in the briefing to tell people this. the result was that if it happened, the person whouting would get shot. if he complained to a marshal that he had shouted bang, he was reminded that that isnt what a bang kill was for and next time he should try using his gun.

not seen the rag rule used in perosne but seen some facebook 'campain's about it. thin kit wold be good if used as an optional extra, but oculd lead to probalems is it was the only way to signal you are dead. loosing your rag could lead to being shot when dead more than you wold normaly.
                basically always raise the hand and shout hit, if you also have a rag, be handy to use it as well.
                For Sale!
                TM M870 with a load of stuff
                A&K massada sniper spec
                Chronograph
                leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

i use the bang rule in a way, if i can get the drop on someone, then i'll give them the chance. if they refuse, then a shot to the leg or rig

i managed to sneak up on some guy couple months back, said to him "your choice mate" with my pistol to his head, he took one look and walked off with his hand up. whereas i also managed to sneak upon some kid once with the awareness levels of a potato, pistol to the head and he tried to swing his rifle round. quick pop to the thigh and a lil verbal abuse off him and job done

i agree with everyone else, people who run into areas shouting "bang bang bang" are twats, that doesnt count.

also had a funny moment where a player and me managed to get to the same tree on opposite sides and i had a shotgun pressed to his plums. now any bloke will accept the bang rule without fail if that situation comes up

Comment

I don't agree with the "bang rule" at all, I do however think it's fair to give somebody the chance if you have them to rights.

Two caveats though... A BB solves all arguments and once you have declared HIT you can't take it back.

Comment

I actually like the bang rule if it's used properly. I've played a lot of cqb and see its place, 1 on 1 point blank and clearly got the drop on someone, offer them a bang/surrender kill. Don't (as I've been on the recieving end of before) think "Ooo he's 2 metres away, clearly I should fire this co2 m203 round at his head". Also please don't run into a room screaming bang bang bang and trying to tell 3 people you've taken them all out.

Red rag/dead rag meh whatever, never gonna catch on, the fashion whores won't use it as it'll clash with multicam/ATACS/whatever random camo the seals are wearing this year.
                      Originally posted by tackle
                      For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

Originally posted by hunter241 View Post
                        i use the bang rule in a way, if i can get the drop on someone, then i'll give them the chance. if they refuse, then a shot to the leg or rig

i managed to sneak up on some guy couple months back, said to him "your choice mate" with my pistol to his head, he took one look and walked off with his hand up. whereas i also managed to sneak upon some kid once with the awareness levels of a potato, pistol to the head and he tried to swing his rifle round. quick pop to the thigh and a lil verbal abuse off him and job done

i agree with everyone else, people who run into areas shouting "bang bang bang" are twats, that doesnt count.

also had a funny moment where a player and me managed to get to the same tree on opposite sides and i had a shotgun pressed to his plums. now any bloke will accept the bang rule without fail if that situation comes up
                        this seems like a reasonable way to play. Use the rule to avoid hurting somene pointlessly, id call the hit every time and be glad the chance was offered rather than stop a point blank shot to the face.

i agree with the dead rag and think it would work very well at site with a medic rule too; although nothing wrong with holding up your hand and lowering your weapon either.
                        There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter512 View Post

Red rag/dead rag meh whatever, never gonna catch on, the fashion whores won't use it as it'll clash with multicam/ATACS/whatever random camo the seals are wearing this year.
                          I hate to break it to you, but it's already caught on... Several sites use them although the biggest issue is with them getting lost and as soon as somebody that is dead but can't find their cloth gets lit up, the blanket ruling goes out the window...

Comment

Offering a surrender when you 100% have the drop on someone is fine. As for rags it can help but not always ,especialy when you forget to put it away.

Comment

I think the bang rule in principal is great, no one wants to take a belt of BB's to the back of the legs for no reason at all. I was at the Mall on Sunday and bang ruled someone, I had him bang to rights and had my Glock to the back of his head, I just whispered in his ear I'm yellow and my fingers on the trigger. He got up, shook my hand and walked. Also, the terminator allowed me to walk instead of full auto-ing me as I shot him in the chest thinking he was a standard player :P I just put my hand in the air and legged it whilst he was laughing lol.

I've played airsoft for nearly 7 years and not once have I encountered someone running into a room going bang bang bang, so I am not sure where you lot are playing :S

People have offered me a surrender, NEVER taken it, always gone down fighting, surprisingly I've actually moved peoples guns off target and shot them. Fairs fair, I think that was at the Embassy end of last year.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lockesley www.punishertacticalairsoftuk.blogspot.com Find out more about Lockesley
                              Working...
                              X