Decision on an AEG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decision on an AEG

I have £450 in my pocket and I'm just wondering what AEG to get because there are so many options. I play at a woodland site called Xsite but it has alot of CQB areas, I have looked at some of the G&P M4's like the sentry and defender but I have also looked at the TM aug, not very keen on the AK series.
    sigpic

Re: Decision on an AEG

Do you have UKARA? Are you going for a loadout or particular look? Do you play in a team. More information would be needed rather than everytime someone's looks for advice on a gun, it gets turned into a pissing contest about who has the most cash to spend.
    If you ain't first, your last!

Comment

I personally think it's about what feels right in your arms. Most aeg performs roughly the same, so it's about what gun visually looks the best to you and also feels right when you hold it. If you've been using an m4 platform and really like it, stick to it to be safe. Or get another gun if you want to experiment as much as possible for settling on your final gun

Comment

Originally posted by Toanjuice View Post
        I personally think it's about what feels right in your arms. Most aeg performs roughly the same, so it's about what gun visually looks the best to you and also feels right when you hold it. If you've been using an m4 platform and really like it, stick to it to be safe. Or get another gun if you want to experiment as much as possible for settling on your final gun
        Most AEG platforms preform the same? Sadly not. A first gen SEC G36 will not outshoot my G&P l, that I regret to infor you.

Comment

Can't go wrong with the G&P M4's, and Sentry being my favourite. One of the best externals, and decent internals.

In terms of performance, most brands are pretty similar these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack.Murnin View Post
            Most AEG platforms preform the same? Sadly not. A first gen SEC G36 will not outshoot my G&P l, that I regret to infor you.
            and so it starts...
            Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

At £450 you have a lot of room to play with.
              Personally I'd go for a TM Recoil at around that price, some of best performers there are, and with upgrades they really shine.

Comment

Originally posted by bob86 View Post
                and so it starts...
                I'm sorry but that was correct

Comment

Save up for a bit longer and get a Marui recoil M4.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew March View Post
                    Save up for a bit longer and get a Marui recoil M4.
                    exactly what I was going to suggest!

or haggle a bit on here and pick yourself up one
                    sigpic

Comment

What is this budget covering? It's not a huge amount in the scheme of things if you needs mags, batteries etc too.

Comment

Decide on what you like the looks of (which you have done ) then decide if you want AEG/EBB/GBBR/Spring? then find the best manufacturer for the model that is within your budget. There isn't any best make per se there will be different pros and cons, but choose on what is most important to you,as most cons of guns can easily be overcome. TBH it mostly comes down to reading a sh!t load of reviews and personal preference.

Comment

Classic Army Sportline. Best AEG EVAR.
                          - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

Originally posted by bob86 View Post
                            and so it starts...
                            He's more than welcomed to his opinion. I'm not going to stupid and argue with that . I say most aeg as most aegs aren't his gun
                            I agree with the sopmod though. Amazing out of the box, insane once upgraded. My dad said to me "you buy a Mercedes, you pay Mercedes prices" couldn't be more true in this case

Comment

List the following for us please:

How old are you?
                              Do you have UKARA or another VCRA defence?
                              Does budget include batteries, mags etc?
                              Do you play to a particular loadout? UK? US Marines? Spetsnaz?
                              Weapon preference? An armalite? SA80? Why don't you like AKs?
                              What are you aiming for? Accurate externals? Solid internals? High speed?

It might narrow it down for us otherwise its like saying I've got £5000, suggest a car.
                              Upcoming Games:
                              None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
                              Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

perry.L Find out more about perry.L
                              Working...
                              X