Collapse

Looking For A Gun, Templates Needed...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking For A Gun, Templates Needed...?

Ok, so everyday people ask what guns would be "bestest" to buy and its frustrating to us forum users because all they say is "what is bestest m4 for 200quids" now, is it just me or would it be alot easier if a template was used as per say like the classifieds so its easy to scan what they want, ukara registered, what accessories they like so we can say "hey get a g&p and a few p mags" instead of asking if they need extras?

Example:-

Ukara/Defence: Yes
    Budget: £300
    Gun wanted: Ak-47
    does the budget factor for accessories?: No
    Will you need Batteries?: Yes
    Will you need load-bearing equipment?: Yes

Etc. something like that, makes it a hell of alot easier to talk and give opinions,

Thanks,
    Dave

Re: Looking For A Gun, Templates Needed...?

Wouldn't be a bad idea, but if its seriously going to happen, then perhaps also a sub forum inside new players and advice which is JUST for this. Which would mean the threads are out of the way of the members who get annoyed by seeing these posts and easily assessable to the guys who want to help.
    Also the thread needs a sticky thread explaining how to use the search function too!

Comment

Originally posted by Pepperisit View Post
      Wouldn't be a bad idea, but if its seriously going to happen, then perhaps also a sub forum inside new players and advice which is JUST for this. Which would mean the threads are out of the way of the members who get annoyed by seeing these posts and easily assessable to the guys who want to help.
      Also the thread needs a sticky thread explaining how to use the search function too!
      I couldnt agree more, perfect idea

Comment

Or a simple sticky of a rough quick description of each manufacturer.
        But this is a lot of work for mods anyhoo.
        -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
        -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

This is a great idea! Maybe start with the most asked about variants (M4, AK, G36) with Pro's and Con's of different brands etc

I'd be happy to write the first draft up!
          TM SCAR-H Recoil // TM MK18 Recoil // VFC HK417 // KWA Kriss Vector // ASG AW.338 //
          TM Glock 18c // TM Five-SeveN // VFC FNX.45 Tactical // KWA USP.45 Tactical //

Comment

Great idea in theory, but considering the number of people that join this forum without reading the rules, I doubt anyone would actually use it.

Always the pessimist!

Comment

I agree with coski, it's a nice idea but it'll just end up being another sub-forum for mods to monitor; in addition, "am bestest" posters are the least likely read the rules, and not post in the correct section. Still, always worth a shot, might be surprisingly successful!
              Originally posted by Walter Gropius
              If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

lethaldave Find out more about lethaldave
              Working...
              X