Tanaka SAA Casyopea: legal or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tanaka SAA Casyopea: legal or not?

Again what I have put is the reasons given by various sources for why they were banned.

Though to be honest in the case of the Hwa Shan, Tanaka and Goblin shells / launchers / shotguns I am sure those would be like a M203 in that the design would fail badly should the gun try to fire real rounds.

As for the Casyopea guns I have put what I was told, I think it was a case of 'someone has banned them due to x, y or z so everyone else just banned them'. As for the UK it falls more under a case of 'if it goes badly, it will go very badly' so really just best to avoid it, along with the forum avoiding it for providing you with the means to put up the item for sale.

'FireKnife'
    68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
    Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnife View Post
      Though to be honest in the case of the Hwa Shan, Tanaka and Goblin shells / launchers / shotguns I am sure those would be like a M203 in that the design would fail badly should the gun try to fire real rounds.
      The police told me that they didn't care if it failed or not, all they cared about was if it was possible to fire a live round. In the case of the Hwa Shan, it wasn't.

Comment

I'd suggest keeping opinions to minimum and stick to common sense, I know of several that have been imported and came through with no more hassle than any other GBB etc, no one went to jail, the chambers are 1:1 but you'ld need some skills to convert it probably by adding a new frame/trigger, readily convertable, erm no,

What do I know, I've rebuilt one, who in the thread has even seen one?

Comment

Originally posted by happyal View Post
          The police told me that they didn't care if it failed or not, all they cared about was if it was possible to fire a live round. In the case of the Hwa Shan, it wasn't.
          Depends on how you define fail.

Fail to fire or explode in your hand are two very different responses and I can see why they would still care if it still did damage by catastrophic failure.

But as you have pointed out it has been tested to prove if they can or not.

In the case of what Aitch has put well yes you may have had those that came through no issue, but as it is not an item that is going to guarentee that it won't be stopped and checked even with a defence I would just say to avoid it. This forum and I am sure other forums would remove posts about these guns being for sale as it will cause issues if anything goes wrong. I have seen one of the SAA models, it was returned however by a cautious owner during the recall and they did get their money back sans shipping. Personally I don't care much for the design but don't really see how they are any worse than other gas in shell designs etc, but the other info I have posted is from posts regarding the recall and reasons why back when it happened.

'FireKnife'
          Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

I bought a Tanaka SAA Casyopea model with shells not 2 weeks ago and it came into the UK fine and dandy.
            It will take less bullets to kill him now than if we wait for him to turn into a zombie.

The elderly. They seem nice enough, but can they really be trusted ?

Comment

I see,but for what I've heard on this thread I don't feel that confident to send this gun..because there could be hassles not only for the buyer but for me too,if some fussy guy at customs and then the police decide that it could be turned into a real gun.

If Four Leaf had no problems,well maybe there are no laws that forbid to import one..but,at this point,if I have to send this piece,it must be really worth it.
              Leave 52% Remain 48% UK VOTES OUT!

Comment

Originally posted by Desert.Express View Post
                I see,but for what I've heard on this thread I don't feel that confident to send this gun..because there could be hassles not only for the buyer but for me too,if some fussy guy at customs and then the police decide that it could be turned into a real gun.

If Four Leaf had no problems,well maybe there are no laws that forbid to import one..but,at this point,if I have to send this piece,it must be really worth it.
                If I was in your shoes I would make sure that it was a face to face trade in this case as it then shuts down a lot of the hassle.

Either way it is a nice and rare piece anyway, why not keep it?

'FireKnife'

Comment

Yes,it's definitely a nice piece,it has even a metal frame installed (Creation,I suppose),but I'd be ready to trade it with something I've been looking for a long time..like a Prime Tanaka Browning HP or something similar.

Comment

just because it got thru customs, doesnt make it legal. scanners wouldnt be able to tell the difference between a standard gas airsoft gun and a Casyopea type
                    Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

Kind of makes a mockery of having a law against Casyopea type models really, if they have no way of knowing one model from another. Just my opinion though, I thought I'd add to this thread by saying that I had a Casyopea delivered to me from outside the UK this month with no hassle. I had no idea about their being any legal issues. From what I understood Tanaka discontinued Casyopeas because the shells are God awful and Pegasus system now in place is far more effective.
                      It will take less bullets to kill him now than if we wait for him to turn into a zombie.

The elderly. They seem nice enough, but can they really be trusted ?

Comment

Originally posted by Four Leaf View Post
                        I thought I'd add to this thread by saying that I had a Casyopea delivered to me from outside the UK this month with no hassle.
                        i know, sorry i wasnt rubbishing your post, simply pointing it out that stuff slips through
                        Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

I'm actually thinking about opening a sale thread about my Casyopea,am I allowed to do that,mods?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Desert.Express Find out more about Desert.Express
                          Working...
                          X