Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best Anti-Fog for glasses?

Originally posted by comeback View Post
    All these people saying you sweat heavily have you tried using a sweat band on your head?
    come lets not get too drastic, its not the 80's :D .On a serious note a hat or something similar would soak up the sweat but its the moisture evaporating that causes the fog ,so it would do little to help. Although I use mesh when playing, I use polycarbonate goggles for work .I've always used dish soap to help with the fog. The method I find works well is to pour some in a shallow Dish an leave it to go gungy .I find I don't have to apply it as often .Strangely it looks exactly like catcrap. I might start packaging it ,and selling it as a new product. I think I'll call it "Shark Poo", good idea?

Comment

Originally posted by heroshark View Post
      come lets not get too drastic, its not the 80's :D .On a serious note a hat or something similar would soak up the sweat but its the moisture evaporating that causes the fog ,so it would do little to help. Although I use mesh when playing, I use polycarbonate goggles for work .I've always used dish soap to help with the fog. The method I find works well is to pour some in a shallow Dish an leave it to go gungy .I find I don't have to apply it as often .Strangely it looks exactly like catcrap. I might start packaging it ,and selling it as a new product. I think I'll call it "Shark Poo", good idea?
      80s loadout ? headband, mc hammer trousers and sweat top, and some reeboks, :p

Comment

Originally posted by Fizzy View Post
        If you sweat a lot or easily, you're fighting a loosing battle.
        Ha hahaha, now thats a voice of defeat, if ever i heard one.
        (i dont meanto be cruel, but that was a funny line)

washing up liquid is the best.

si
        sigpic
        www.wix.com/srosefx/simonrosefx -special fx+ design
        www.simonrosemakeup.weebly.com - CAD airsoft

Comment

Have seen those goggles with fans advertised. Does anyone know if they work or are they just a gimick ?

Comment

+1 more for Fogtech. Although it does need re-applied halfway through the day...

Tried washing up liquid years ago when I first started riding motorbikes but the bubbles weren't good when it rained :D

Bought a Lazer Revolution crash helmet which has a rubber mask similar to RAF FJ pilot and is fantastic, best money ever spent. No more cold winters with runny noses by having to keep the visor open and breathing out the corner of my mouth. There is also a respro foggy breath guard for bikers just need something of similar design for us 4 eyed misty eyed softers

Comment

Originally posted by steve54 View Post
              Have seen those goggles with fans advertised. Does anyone know if they work or are they just a gimick ?
              Used something similar whe I played paintball- works well and not too noisy..

I use Bob Heath Anti fog on my bike visor and goggles now, no problems at all.

J

Comment

Originally posted by jockmcmad View Post
                Tried washing up liquid years ago when I first started riding motorbikes but the bubbles weren't good when it rained :D
                your supposed to put it on the INSIDE of the visor......

Comment

While were on tge subject of bike gear the Arai pInlock systems works really well! Seems to me it's sort of like double glazing your visor, surely this would be hard to do with an airsoft mask?

I've tried fog tech found it work for 30 minutes the steamed up again
                  thinks maybe he should go with the heard

Comment

I sweat shed loads but its not fogging thats my problem.
                    I find that its the sweat that trickles down the inside of the specks from my eye brows.
                    I could move them so they sit a fraction away but I value my eyes so its mesh for me...
                    I have a mate who has a double glazing visor rated for airsoft use. Cant say how well it worked.
                    Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 16 February, 2010, 17:20. Reason: text type

Comment

I am also one of those who sweats like a weightlifting skunk during a game and i have experimented with cat crap, anti fog, even repcon ( fighter jet windscreen coating!) and the best performing is Fairy liquid rubbed on neat!!

never fails and my eyes are smooth and soft!!

Comment

There is some good anti fogs that you can find in Scuba diving shops.

Comment

+1 for fairy liquid, although i went mesh in the end. So much better than fogging up in the heat of battle!

Comment

Originally posted by ste887 View Post
                            pledge furniture polish.
                            cat crap anti fog spray.
                            silicone gun lube
                            all work well
                            Don't use pledge! It has a volatile propellant that attacks and weakens the lens. That's why you mustn't use it on motorcycle helmets.

Comment

Originally posted by T180985 View Post
                              While were on tge subject of bike gear the Arai pInlock systems works really well! Seems to me it's sort of like double glazing your visor, surely this would be hard to do with an airsoft mask?

I've tried fog tech found it work for 30 minutes the steamed up again
                              Fog Tech works well, as long as you follow the instructions carefully. I clean my goggles with Johnsons Baby Shampoo before the game, then apply Fog Tech EXACTLY as they say*– just ONE wipe across. DON'T rub it in!

Fog Tech does work. It's easy to buy online from a company called Visor Vision.

It was also tested by RiDE magazine, which takes its tests very seriously. This was the best product of the lot.

Comment

Originally posted by srosefx View Post
                                Ha hahaha, now thats a voice of defeat, if ever i heard one.
                                (i dont meanto be cruel, but that was a funny line)

washing up liquid is the best.

si
                                And washing up liquid contains salts. It could be mildly abrasive, so best not. Come on... Fog Tech aint gonna break the bank.

Oh, and don't use washing up liquid to wash your car either. I've already told you why.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bandeen Find out more about Bandeen
                                Working...
                                X