There are guns that would sell. if only someone would make them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There are guns that would sell. if only someone would make them

As above, at a reasonable price. Although King Arms and/or Star have made SLR's in the past, they're quite expensive, even second hand. I've noticed that whenever they come up on the forums, they're never for sale for long, therefore there is a market for them.
    Same goes for the Sterling - that would go down a storm if an affordable one was made, and the same for the SMLE your granddad had in the war. I know that there have been RIFs of both made, but they're either prohibitively expensive, or custom made.
    My question is twofold. 1. Why aren't they being produced? 2.Who do we ask to make them?
    Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Re: There are guns that would sell. if only someone would make them

Supply and demand my friend.....

If a manufacturer can sell 1000 M4s per month vs 200 SLRs per month, what one are they going to produce?

Also, there is a hoard of spares for the common RIFs that are cross compatible, which means research and development costs are down as they can simply clone and modify somebody else's hard work, thus increases profits further.

If you got 10,000 people all paying upfront, i am sure the big manufacturers will make you what ever you like, but until then......

Comment

King arms SLR's are being re-released I believe
      IF YOU HAVE ANY L7A2 GPMG PARTS FOR SALE PLEASE MESSAGE ME

Comment

Popular in the UK yes, but airsoft is Japan based and they like whatever is used in the latest Manga/Film.
        The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

In many cases it is either:

1. That gun will sell well due to the design being common yet offering something different (M4s, AKs, MP5s etc).

2. That gun is popular with a niche group in Japan or the Far East and will sell, from what I have been told US stuff is very popular from all periods so that is why we have loads of US WW2 guns all the way up to M4s compared to the few other period guns.

You also get places that do guns just as they see a gap, but often once a noticeably small gap has been filled like the SLR no-one else really bothers to make one, aside from it getting cloned.

Too bad we don't have a guy in the R&D at some of the Japanese manufacturers so we could get the guns that we all want :p.

'FireKnife'
          68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
          Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

The M1 Garand took long enough, and even then people bitched because it didn't make the right noise!

Comment

Well G&G are coming with a garand soon. (And a springfield i believe)
              -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
              -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Also take note that a lot of these things may sell quickly because they're rare...If every average Joe owned a specific gun you probably wouldn't give it a second look in shops etc...
                TM HK416D | SOCOM GEAR M9A1 SOF

Comment

I'd love Tokyo Marui to make all the Glock variants.
                  Last edited by Dutch; 18 April, 2013, 11:21.
                  Things I hate:
                  1. People who hate things.
                  2. Irony.
                  3. Lists.

Comment

People slag off Call of Duty, But when a new game is released it is quickly followed by a new airsoft gun

I agree with what Loki said about M4's and Fireknife said about common designs.

Look at G&P all they seem to release is an M4 with a new grip, then they will release it again with that new grip and a new handguard, then again with something else changed, G&G are starting to do the same.

Comment

Now this is puzzling to me, were TM to release a gbb browning hi-power with a working hop and reasonable gas consumption it would fly off the damn shelves, surely they themselves must realise this.

Although as can be seen in the news section right now trying something new (KWA Kriss) doesn't guarantee sales or success.
                      Originally posted by tackle
                      For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Hawke Middle aged and in middle management. Airsoft to cope with a midlife crisis. Find out more about Hawke
                      Working...
                      X