X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uar vs pdr

Hey peeps

Trying to work out if I want to get a UAR or PDR

The PDR is £100 more and the main benefit seams to be it`s lighter and has a better trigger I assume the finish on the gun is better too, only down side is it`s a gearbox I`ve never worked on and battery space seams limited

I should have upgrade parts that will fit both in my box I just might need a motor, they both have fast change springs and plastic body`s

Looking for the views and thoughts of people that have owned one or both of them or used both

A friend of mine is on a budget and needs a bullpup due to being in recovery for surgery he can`t really afford the PDR so is looking more at the UAR he already has an LR85 and has owned a p90 and a famas, I`m aware that an aug and a tar are both options if anyone else can think of a compact light bullpup aeg for around the £200 mark please feel free to shout it out lol

Cheers
    sigpic
    Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Re: Uar vs pdr

the main thing i noticed when i picked up a pdr was that my wrist was rubbing on the body, kinda the same as a thompson stock can. found it a very uncomfortable gun to hold. put me off them instantly.
    Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

also the internals of the PDR are proprietary where as the internals of the UAR are standard version 3 AK and widley available.

having held both, i personally thing the UAR is a wiser investment than the PDR.
      -'Sly villain! Thou does not acknowledge thine hits!'
      -'I doth so, yonder vagabond, but thouest has the control of a nunnery whore, and thine accuracy doth compare to thine codpiece, short of the mark!'

Comment

Having the UAR. I agree with the above. The PDR is too small in many areas, and cuts your mag capacity by about 10bbs due to the mile long feed tube.
        -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
        -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

I do like the PDR and they perform very well out of the box but for the kind of thing your wanting to do I would say choose the UAR.
          sigpic

Comment

I was at the airsoft show the other month with a mate he wanted to buy the Uar and test fired it at the ******* stand now I admit sometimes you can end up with what's know as a Friday rif but the first one he tried they could not get to work correctly it kept jamming and not firing so they tried another one which worked ok and he brought it he used it at a few skirmishes ok but last game it stripped the gears and burnt the motor out which he now has to replace.i liked the look of the Uar but the finish on the tan one wasn't great and glad I went down the PDR route I am a PDR fan I admit but it to has some issues with mags and the two stage trigger takes some getting use to.
            At the end of the day with all RIF's it's down to personal choice :-)

Comment

Dam it I`m going to end up with both it seams

New question what one to buy 1st ? UAR is cheaper but I`d probably spend a lot of time getting the gearbox set up how I want it where as the PDR will cost more but I`ll probably only change the motor on that.....
              sigpic
              Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

thekonassure Find out more about thekonassure
              Working...
              X