Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ammo weights

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
    Well my Sten spreads 0.2s all over the place, so next time out, I'm going to try 0.25g.
    Why?

Stick with the 0.2s, it sounds like it's far more realistic that way. The sten was never a very accurate gun
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
      Why?

Stick with the 0.2s, it sounds like it's far more realistic that way. The sten was never a very accurate gun
      It may be a crazy concept, but I'd like to stand a chance of hitting what I shoot at!

So far, on 2 separate occasions (major cleaning in between), I've played the first game with it, then switched back to my Thompson for the rest of the day.

Comment

I always use .25's in my aeg's. I've noticed that the range hasn't really changed much but the bb's usually land in a tighter grouping. For sniping i tried out some madbull .36 which seemed to be a good trade off from .25's and the .43's i used to use

Comment

I have been using Green ICS 0.23s for over a year now. They have always worked very well.
          However, after reading this thread, I think I'm going to switch to Z1's 0.25s and give them a try.

On a slightly different note, but still about range and accuracy, one of the guys at GZW this weekend was telling me about how he "Polished" the inside of his barrel with Silvo and its now awsomly accurate.
          Anyone got any knowledge around this?

Comment

Polishing seems counter productive to me.

You only achieve a smooth, shiny finish by removing high points and, while that in itself might be a good idea, the difference between a 6.03 and a 6.07 is only 0.02mm radius and that could be polished away very easily.
            sigpic

Comment

polishing it yourself is a very bad idea, you'll create more high/low variances inside ther barrell.

however, if you have the tools and the ability to ream out the 6.0X barrell, then fair play, but most of the time it wont be worth the effort or cost. and the cost of a 6.0X ream bit, is gonna be worth more than most can afford.

Comment

Understood.
                I will stick with lint free cloth and silicon spray then.
                Thanks guys.

Comment

I use Mad Bull .30 in the GBB Scar and MC-51. .25 tracer rounds in the GBB MP7 as I only use that indoors and either .25 or .30 in my P226 depends whats to hand at the time of loading.

Edit.
                  *Sorry about dragging up an old thread, just looked at the dates*
                  Last edited by Prev; 8 April, 2010, 08:40.
                  TM MC-51 (Full Systema Energy gearbox and all the other internal fo shizzal)
                  Star AW-338 Sniper Rifle
                  Maruzen APS Type 96
                  TM P226, Tac Master .
                  WE SCAR + VFC UGL
                  KSC GBB MP7, KSC USP .45 XM survive

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

kipper66 Find out more about kipper66
                  Working...
                  X