Boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boots

Hey i was wondering where you guys get your boots from?

im looking for a pair of black boots, under £50quid
    Now the caveat is that i really prefer softer soles
    The reason why is that when i play urban places that are dark, such as the mall, i always sneak around and get them from behind.
    Being silent really helps, especially for those knife kills
    Now i normally wear trainers ( that are white might i add lol ) and they perform admirably. But of course, they dont look the part

Any help guys?

Re: Boots

Can't think of any comfy soft sole boots under £50 quid mate but cheep boots perhaps try milcom patrol boots they may be ok for a sneaky git lol and I think they only about £30-£40

Comment

In all honesty bud, having gone through numerous cheap pairs of boots it is now one area I prefer spending money on.

Quality boots will far outlast cheap rubbish. I'd suggest any of the big brands. Meindl, altberg, lowa.
      Magnums have a good reputation but I'm not a fan.

Have a look on eBay, you can find new boots going cheap. And even issued boots that are even cheaper.

Ultimately if they're just for airsoft a £40 pair of lowas off eBay will still outperform a pair of Milcom boots.

My lowas are nearly 6 years old and have survived considerable abuse.
      Originally posted by Coz
      Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

As said spend money get good really I would recommend lowas I have lowa combats I use for airsoft and work and I can spend days in them with lots of walking and no hot spots will appear Highly recommend them.
        I was just saying the milcoms as their cheap at if you want cheap they'll do I personally got a pair free an just put them in the loft lol.

Comment

Karrimore do come great Magnum copy boots for about £35 from Sports Direct. Just make sure you get the ones that DONT have the zip on the side as they break.

But failing that, Just save ya cash, and get some Magnums. If you look on eBay, you can find LOADS of boots, Lowa especially, like worn 3-4 times etc for cheap.

The only thing in Airsoft that takes a massive hammering no matter what, is your feet, why skimp on footware.

Much like cars, the only thing keeping you on the road is your tyres, why skimp and get budget crap? Same thing.

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

2 things in Airsoft that I personally think should receive a good budget and lots of thought and research, that's good boots and good eye pro.
            If you have a surplus store or military outlet nearby, I'd highly suggest paying them a visit and trying on boots.
            I love magnums, others don't get on with them.
            I don't get on with lowas, others do.
            My suggestion is try before you buy, if you can push the budget, do so.
            Good boots will turn a break to a fracture (even a heavy twist), a twist to a sprain, a sprain to nothing.
            section 24 of the 1968 Act
            Supplying imitation firearms to minors
            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I agree with the general consensus of save your cash and get better boots, but there are a few things you should consider, 1st if you are going to games in trainers you are more exposed to potential ankle damage than boots, so maybe a cheap pair of boots until you save up is a good investment.

If you only airsoft every now and then, having awesome super duper boots (or anything) isn't essential to having fun, it can enhance the fun and/or diminish pain/ache.

The best boots are the boots that fit your foot, so buying second hand online isn't always a cheap way of getting great boots for you, they could be great boots, but a terrible fit for your foot so therefore worse than cheap boots. Look at suitable insoles to help if they aren't a great fit.

Think about what socks you are going to wear when trying on boots, thick walking socks or some special thin silk/merino wool ones? Sweat can cause blisters which aren't nice.

In your circumstances I would suggest some cheapo boots from sports direct, by the time they break down you will know more about what you want from a pair of boots and they should protect you in the mean time.
              sigpic

Comment

cheers guys, ill have a look at the brands mentioned. do you find that they get heavier later on the day after excessive play?

Comment

As others have said, save your cash a bit more or buy used off the bay.

Comment

Originally posted by Toanjuice View Post
                    cheers guys, ill have a look at the brands mentioned. do you find that they get heavier later on the day after excessive play?
                    I wear military boots on a daily basis, simply because trainers don't agree with my feet for long periods
                    Originally posted by Tiercel
                    The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

I'm now on my 2nd pair of Karrimor Cougars. 1st pair had the zipped side and the 2nd pair doesn't. The sole is super soft so they're going to wear out fairly quick with excessive use (3 months, wearing them 7 days a week, walking about 8 miles a day in total I'd guess) but they're cheap, really comfy and offer good ankle protection.

Sports Direct do them for £30 or £35.

(I usually wear my Meindl Desert Foxes for airsofting though as there's a lot of trip hazards in my local woodland site)
                      The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

As mentioned above, head for your nearest army surplus store. A decent one is likely to have a selection of different boots for you to try.

As for boots with soft soles, you might gain in terms of sneaky beakability, but you will lose something in the comfort stakes when worn for long periods, unless you have a soft outer sole and a stiffish inner sole.

I use Meindl boots, and they are amazing. I can wear them all day without any kind of foot soreness, and they have done thousands of miles over very rough terrain in the highlands of Scotland, and never missed a beat. Of course, they are going to fall outside your budget (if you find a source of Meindl's for less than £50, new or second hand, please let me know ) but a little investment will serve you well, as you'll probably never need to buy another pair of boots!

Comment

Got my Meindl's for £40 from a surplus store! Best boots i've ever worn. Super soft and can last hours in them.

It feels like i'm wearing nothing at all...

Originally posted by ScoobySnacks View Post
                          I use Meindl boots, and they are amazing. I can wear them all day without any kind of foot soreness, and they have done thousands of miles over very rough terrain in the highlands of Scotland, and never missed a beat. Of course, they are going to fall outside your budget (if you find a source of Meindl's for less than £50, new or second hand, please let me know ) but a little investment will serve you well, as you'll probably never need to buy another pair of boots!

Comment

I wear the standard issue ones (25 quid unused from a surplus store) - once I put gel insoles in them I get on really really well with them, and I'm prone to doing my ankles in (used to do it every exercise I went on in them). They've done me good for 4 years of airsoft and non-airsoft stuff now, keep em polished and clean and they'll last a long time!
                            Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Toanjuice Find out more about Toanjuice
                            Working...
                            X