203 kill query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 203 kill query

Does any one have an idea of what the "kill" rules are for a 203 shot into a room? I know the BFG rules but in terms of 203, im a bit hazy.

Any help is always groovy
    Damn Brad, what else you got hidden in the humvee - a fat chick?

Re: 203 kill query

In reality I think it should be counted as any other "explosive" pyro. But pretty much everywhere Ive played treats them as giant shotguns, and if youre not hit by a bb it doesnt count as a kill.

Comment

Since they launch BBs it's pretty confusing to apply different rules to them.

Comment

At F&O Midlands, you CAN'T use them as a giant shotgun and can only be fired into a room to clear it like a pyro.

I don't know why you cant use them as a shotgun because that's all they are, they don't even bloody hurt when shot with one.

I also wasn't allowed to use £200 worth of S-thunder grenades as the little soft rubber bungs were deemed dangerous and a projectile, I was told the shells are for paintball use and not suitable for airsoft, I argued my cause and am now allowed to use them with masking tape instead of the bung. TBH i'm a bit put off by using them now if I cant use them properly

Comment

Originally posted by Coz View Post
          At F&O Midlands, you CAN'T use them as a giant shotgun and can only be fired into a room to clear it like a pyro.

I don't know why you cant use them as a shotgun because that's all they are, they don't even bloody hurt when shot with one.

I also wasn't allowed to use £200 worth of S-thunder grenades as the little soft rubber bungs were deemed dangerous and a projectile, I was told the shells are for paintball use and not suitable for airsoft, I argued my cause and am now allowed to use them with masking tape instead of the bung. TBH i'm a bit put off by using them now if I cant use them properly
          Ridiculous. Utter tripe...

Comment

I would say as anything else that launches a bb.

If it hits you directly it is a hit, in the case of firing it in to a room the amount of ricochets and rebounds would to my mind be a case of if you are in the room and not behind solid cover when the shots start flying around you are out.

Even then if someone just fired a M203 into a room I was in then I would just call the hit, much easier I would say.

'FireKnife'
            68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
            Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

I use them a lot and all the sites I play treat them the same as any other gun - if it hits you, its hits you and your dead just like an aeg or pistol

Comment

safe bet owuld be double checking with sites your playing at.

i have always seen them as a giant shotgun myself, but they are grenade laurnchers afterall, so for realism i guess they should be used as a room clearing device.

see what sort of soft projectiles you can get hold of (im thinking childrens ball pit/sponge balls type thing) as that way you can safely laurnch an 'explosive projectile' into a room to represent a grendade. you might even be able ot get some distance out of one which would add ot the realism.
                For Sale!
                TM M870 with a load of stuff
                A&K massada sniper spec
                Chronograph
                leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

cheers guys, its good to hear what differing opinions there are about this. I assumed as it was a grenade launcher, if it was fired into a room i guess it would be marshals choice as to how the "blast" is percieved

Comment

it varies at every site.most treat them as they are (shotguns) a hit is a hit, but dont be a dick with them as they can do a lot of damage.
                    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

I figured being treated as shotguns would come up but as the BFG is a grenade and that has a designated kill radius, i wasnt sure if the 203 would have a similar consideration

- - - Updated - - -

I figured being treated as shotguns would come up but as the BFG is a grenade and that has a designated kill radius, i wasnt sure if the 203 would have a similar consideration

Comment

Shouldn't the firer then have to take a hit too, if it's classed under pyro rules? :P

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Zsasz View Post
                          Well if anything in the below link is true about the film Miami Vice, taken from IMFDB about the 'shotgun effect' HK96A1 then it could be classed as one of those, thus any bb that hits is a hit:

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Miami_Vice...enade_Launcher

'FireKnife'
                          68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
                          Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

As said, I think you just need to check with the site owners on how they want to play it.

I use Tornado's quite a lot. With the distraction device fitted, some sites allow them to be used as a pyro (goes in a room, everyone dead), whereas others see them as actual distraction devices / noise makers ("what the hell was tha... oh HIT").

Perhaps slightly more to the point, I have been told by some organisers that a standard tornado (i.e. that spits out bbs everywhere) counts only if a bb hits someone, others have said that a bb-enabled tornado counts as a room-clearer regardless of who was actually hit by a bb.

I'd say 203s are more of a 'Master-key'/Shotgun attachment than a launcher. Just my opinion though. I can see the debate here ...

Comment

This is all good to know, cheers lads

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mister Zsasz Find out more about Mister Zsasz
                              Working...
                              X