Suspected scammer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspected scammer.

I have a suspected scammer, what should I do, who should I report it to?

He was selling parts, insisting on postage, wouldn't let me collect, when I told him I live in the next town he went awol and hasn't been on the site since.
    “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Re: Suspected scammer.

As he is only suspected, i dont think there is much you can do.

You could possibly start a ranting a nd raving thread about how guys give you the runaround, link to the sales thread in question and end it all with a "Why U No make this simple" type of comment. That way you are simply airing your frustrations and doing a public service at the same time with out actually accusing anybody of anything.

You will need to choose your words with care, but that should do the trick!

Comment

Don't buy from him then

Comment

I saw a guy posting some suspect thing too but didn't really know what to do as I had no proof.
        I obviously wouldn't have bought from him but it was more about looking out for other forum members then protecting myself.
        sigpic

Comment

why not mail an admin or the mod team and ask them to look into him they'll have more info than we do

Comment

Originally posted by WTP_Trust_ME View Post
            Don't buy from him then
            I'm posting this for the community, not for me.

How do I contact the admins?
            “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Comment

Originally posted by Trouble View Post
              I'm posting this for the community, not for me.

How do I contact the admins?
              Via PM? Find one of them in this section at the bottom of the forum:

Not that hard to do eh?

'FireKnife'
              68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
              Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnife View Post
                Via PM? Find one of them in this section at the bottom of the forum:

Not that hard to do eh?

'FireKnife'
                Why didn't I think of clicking that, must be cool being as smart as you. Life would be so easy

Comment

OK guys ive been watching this thread Trouble thanks for the info but and sorry the has not been a scam. Rule of thumb if you get that iffy feeling good chance its iffy.
                  If the guy will not deal face to face and local you have saved losing your hard earned cash.
                  Regards Tacmedic

Comment

in his defence if it's a young kid,
                    even when I'm home now and I'm 21 ... she gives me problems if I get people to come to the house to buy things. She gets really stressed and angry at me (crazy bat) so it could be innocent but still, avoid.

------Mods ----------------------------- Members

Comment

LOL thats very true Ive had stuff sent to work so no trace but if the alarm sounds take care.

Comment

Originally posted by tacmedic View Post
                        LOL thats very true Ive had stuff sent to work so no trace but if the alarm sounds take care.
                        Indeed, but wondering if there is a forum policy? I'd be happy to name and shame, he could easily suck someone in, he almost did me, if I'd lived a little further away...

Comment

just because someone doesnt want to meet in person, shouldnt make them a scammer, strange yes, awkward perhaps, scammer hmmmm i dont think so, as suggested earlier dont buy from him then, are you making a deal about it because you really wanted the items?
                          VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                          trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

If you stike a deal thats your business however if a scammer comes to light they will get banned and watched as some have started other accounts. Its your choice to buy the forum is a platform Ive been stung once in god knows how many buys.

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
                              just because someone doesnt want to meet in person, shouldnt make them a scammer, strange yes, awkward perhaps, scammer hmmmm i dont think so, as suggested earlier dont buy from him then, are you making a deal about it because you really wanted the items?
                              Not making a deal of it other than a worry that someone will get stung.

Fair enough, good luck to everyone if it's a free for all. I kind of gathered that the feedback system isn't often used on here, didn't realise folk were cool with letting potential crooks run amok and then make out that the person trying to warn people about them is only flagging it because they think they are upset that the items did not exist.

Anarchy in the UK, look after yourselves folks!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Trouble Find out more about Trouble
                              Working...
                              X