LCT Airsoft AK's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCT Airsoft AK's

interested in AKs from the LCT range but there doesnt seem to be much about them?

seen a couple sold on here - from what i hear, they are the same company as Inokatsu etc...

Steel body with wood - they look the dogs but i hear they come packed with CYMA internals ??

just looking for a heads up in regards to performance, build quality, expected shelf life etc before i go ahead...

thanks guys

Re: LCT Airsoft AK's

They bought Inokatsus tooling so they will look the same pretty much (give or take material and finish quality). Older CYMA internals are good, new ones made by them (post 2011 iirc) are apparently even better... But as with all aegs, they aren't top spec and will probably be upgraded at some point...
    Originally posted by Walter Gropius
    If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

Beautiful looking guns, and cyma internals are fine (on the guns ive worked on made by them anyway) - nothing great but not unskirmishable.
      Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Not sure where you heard the CYMA internals info, maybe when they first started out they adapted CYMA internals? Cause I can confirm that's definitely not the case anymore... LCT make their own internals

I thought it's impossible to accept normal airsoft AKs again after Real Sword came out, but then I came across the LCTs, which are really quite good.

As for how good they are, GHK has approved of their external work that their whole line of GBB AKs are based on LCT externals, super expensive $1000 USD Russian based full steel 9x39mm replicas NPO-AEG use LCT internals, and as for the materials, it really is all steel (or at least, all ferrous metal), with no dodgy pot metal parts every now and then like other AKs that claim full steel, if we don't count Real Sword (as they make those from Norinco parts, hardly a fair comparison), as far as a "pure" airsoft manufacturer goes, LCT is as good as it gets when it comes to AKs without the crazy Inokatsu / Guarder kits' price tags.

*also LCT isn't Inokatsu as far as I know.. however Dynamic Star is part of LCT.

Comment

From what I've read LCT is OEM for Inokatsu.
          Beautiful guns, I'll buy one this summer.

I'd love a NPO VSS (or even a VAL) but the $1300 price tag and the lack of EU retailers make things hard! I'll cost an arm and a leg to import them!

Wolf

Asahi WA2000
          WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

I had one, sturdiest AK I've ever handled. Maybe even tougher than a real sword.

The cyma internals thing is rubbish. Just a look at the gearbox and cylinder will tell you that!

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
              I had one, sturdiest AK I've ever handled. Maybe even tougher than a real sword.

The cyma internals thing is rubbish. Just a look at the gearbox and cylinder will tell you that!
              The pink piston is a give away isn't it

I am very happy with mine! except I knocked the rear sight off somehow. I don't really care though as I am going for the rugged look hehe
              TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

I will again, add to the general consensus. The LCT gearbox is a world away from Cyma. The quality is up there and the tolerances are good enough for the trigger parts, AR latch AND spring guide to stay in place without the top half of the gearbox being on. Makes working on it a dream, comprared to other V3s

I do have a question on external compatibility however, with regards to LCT and VFC.

Current gen LCT AKs all come with the 'Real Take Down' where the gas tube is Quick Detatch, like the VFC and DBoys.

What I can't seem to figure out is the receiver compatibility. I have a LCT stockless ak, which means it came with the LCT Ak Pistol receiver. Ideally I am after a side-folding stocked variant, but naturally, as I went to purchase the LCT receiver from a Well Good Chop shop in HK, they discontinued it -_-. I don't really want to spend the $175 it will take to import the receiver direct from Dynamic Star, for which I can get a brand new Kalash :/

So, question is, does anyone have any clue as to whether the DBoys Steel receiver (VFC Spec.) is compatible with the LCT barrel assembly and rear sigh block, which is available at literally 1/5th of the LCT's cost? I know it's a step down in quality, but the only difference I can see is that it secures the barrel via a single grub screw rather than 2. If it is not compatible, can it be made to be, without the use of perma

Any insight on this would be much appreciated!

Coming from mainly owning ARs and G3s which are almost all (basically) built to one spec and have an abundance of spare parts, moving to AKs is proving a nightmare :/

Comment

Woldgeorge is spot on, LCT were the OEM for Inokatsu. I've had several LCT AK's (one early variant with the CYMA box, and the later one with their own). You will not find a better AK this side of a Real Sword, and it'll be money well spent

Comment

i concur with the above.
                    Lct did oem ino so the quality of their metal work is great, some people dont like their plastics though, but i think their fine.

they always get compared to real sword, which is pretty pointless as real sword don't make half the variants lct do and lct are generally cheaper and more compatible, but build wise they are on par more or less.
                    they used to use cyma gear boxes which isnt a bad thing, and newer model use LCT's own gear box (nv notes the new version : post 2009 i believe) which is kinda similar to a vfc, it has self shim gears in the ones iv fondled, clear steel tooth poly piston, ali piston head, bearing spring guide etc, if i recall they are a 6mm box, hops plastic and works, barrel is regular diameter, motor is a non branded stock (not speed or torque) model.
                    can get models for about £240 if you look around thats not all that much more then a cyma
                    Head shot aka open minded

Comment

Originally posted by Heinz View Post
                      Woldgeorge is spot on, LCT were the OEM for Inokatsu. I've had several LCT AK's (one early variant with the CYMA box, and the later one with their own). You will not find a better AK this side of a Real Sword, and it'll be money well spent
                      A very true assessment of LCT AK's. I have three of them and i find them reliable and VERY sturdy.
                      They are skirmishable out of the box and as always its down to personal preference as to whether you upgrade them as it will function quite well as is.
                      The only thing i would suggest is to fit the optional magwell spacer to make mag changes less fiddly.

Comment

- UPDATE

With the great and helpful feedback left by you guys and some very sexy footage on Chinese Youtube - Ive gone ahead and Just purchased the LCT AKM Real Assembly (v.2009) from Support of Fire - according to stock it's their last one...

If anyone is interested ill get the SLR out and take some pics and a short review during the week?

Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated!

Comment

And an update to my own question as well. I now have a Dboys receiver and compared to the LCT one, there are 3 main differences around the front area:

1: The dboys receiver attaches to the barrel assembly AND the rear sight block via a single body pin and a sing grub screw, whereas the LCT receiver is not actually connected to the rear sight in any way, and instead holds the barrel via 2 grub screws and the rear sight assembly is only pinned and double-grubbed onto the barrel.

2: the hole for the barrel assembly is a smidge smaller on the dboys, meaning that it needs to be expanded from 21.5mm to 22mm to be compatible with an LCT front end. But it IS compatible, meaning that dboys aks can be upgraded with lct front sets, as long as you use the lct rear sight block

3: the hole for the lower handguard is a lot bigger on the dboys, measuring at 13.3mm rather than 10.4mm, like on the lct, so in order to fit LCT lower handguards to a dboys receiver, you will need to add some sort of shim.

So yeah, dboys (and I am assuming vfc) spec AK receivers are mostly compatible with the lct ones, other than the fact that the rear sight is pinned. This means that you will need to be handy with a drill press and/or dremel to mix and match between the two, but it is totally doable!

Comment

I'll just add my 2-pence. I was an M4/Stanag user up until I got my hands on my LCT Ak105, and now I'm not sure I can ever go back. They're as sturdy as a brick, look the part and shoot very decently for the price (I'm not one to strip out a gearbox, if it works I'll leave it).

I also found out incidentally that the motors used in the new versions are actually pretty damn good. I bought a Lonex one to replace it on a whim and after test firing took it out again as it was measurably worse. You really cannot complain for the price tag!

Comment

I couldn't agree more! It is an amazing purchase and I'm so happy with it!

The construction is solid and nothing creeks or feels 'naff'! - the trigger is solid and doesn't wobble slightly like some of my other rifles.

The only issue I had is that it was too black and the wood was slightly too shiney which isn't a problem as a slight gentle rub with scotch pads and a fine grade sand paper, buffed with a rag and WD40 sorted that making it look ridiculously real steel! (Which it is lol).

The internals are made of steel according to my research and the cylinder has been milled by the looks of things but I haven't taken it out as I too don't touch it if it works!

Another tiny issue which I had to quickly sort was that the wiring was back to front (simple mistake of putting the tamiya connector on the wrong way I assume) but now it works and responds well on an 8.4v!

It's just pure awesome!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tomson2912882 Find out more about tomson2912882
                              Working...
                              X