Battery Empty Really Quick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Empty Really Quick

Hi, I'm fairly new to airsoft and I have a G&P M4A1.I received the gun today and the battery yesterday. The battery is an 8.4v 1600mah. Having fully charged (With a 9v charger, yes a crappy one not a smart charger) the battery I put it in my gun and it worked well for the first 1000 rounds. Having left the gun for a couple of hours I went to go shoot it some more only to find that the battery was dead. When I was shooting the gun earlier both the motor and battery were giving off quite a bit of heat. Is this normal? I fairly certain it isn't as my brother also has an AEG and his battery last a long time. So my question is have I done something wrong? or is there something wrong with my gun?

Thanks

Re: Battery Empty Really Quick

How long did you charge the battery for?

Is the battery and gun new or second hand?
    sigpic

Comment

The gun and battery are brand new. 9 hours, I'm fairly certain that was too much but the battery was only a little warm. The charger is a 150mah 9v.

Comment

id reccomend you get a new charger and try again mate

Comment

Thanks, I've got a smart charger on its way now

Comment

Based on what I just read you would need to charge it for 16 hours, I have also heard that new batteries need a bit more on their first charge, however, as Jssmitty suggests, a decent charger wouldn't go amiss.
            sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

PhillipR34 Find out more about PhillipR34
            Working...
            X