Mp5 systema mag mod to run higher cap mags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mp5 systema mag mod to run higher cap mags

Hi guys, looking for some advice input, does anyone out there know of any mods for a systema mp5 ptw so that I can but mid and high cap mags so that they still feed and can be used. At my whits end using 40 round mags for major firefights as 1 decent burst and you have to change.
    Any input would be most appreciated
    Mark

Re: Mp5 systema mag mod to run higher cap mags

None that I am aware of when I had my TW5. Its a training weapon so just keep to single shot...

I used to go through about 8 mags a game - it was a pain but you ended up using it like a GBB smg.

Comment

Although I don't own one personally I've just had a look at a magazine strip down, and seeing as they feed from the front like aeg MP5 magazines, I cant see why you wouldnt be able to get clever with the internals of a regular magazine rigged up to match the feed lips of the training weapon mech. Obviously you'll lose your last round cut off, but you'll gain the capacity you want. Especially if you based it off one of those fake dual mag setups!

Comment

Thanks fella any ideas where I can find instructions as got a mag that don't feed that can be used for that

Comment

It would probably be a lot less hassle to just buy an AEG and put a high cap in it.

Comment

Whats that, a member of the AI staff recomending an AEG over a PTW, careful now, people have been fired for less.
            Originally posted by tackle
            For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

I've never recommended anyone get a PTW

Comment

I've got a ptw and a scar aeg just prefer the ptw

Comment

Originally posted by markiep View Post
                  Thanks fella any ideas where I can find instructions as got a mag that don't feed that can be used for that
                  I don't know of any exact instructions, as I doubt it has been done before. When I get to a computer later i'll link up a similar tutorial for making mp40 hicaps by transplanting the innards from a Marui uzi hicap into the mp40 outer, which should give you a good idea as to what you'll need and the techniques required.

Buying an aeg would be easier, but why on earth would you want to do the easy thing!

Comment

Never go the easy route lol

Comment

The issue you will have is spring tension. PTW mags are set up to run within very specific tolerances else the spring wont keep up with the cycle of the gun and you will start splitting BBs. Which could rapidly lead to a gearbox full of smashed up BBs and a broken gun.

I really wouldnt bother. Embrace what makes it different. Quite why anyone needs to lace off more than 40 BBs in one go is beyond me...
                      AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

I personally think you'll run into more issues than its worth... PTWs aren't really designed for epic hosing. Just look at Celcius, you'll void your warranty on one of those if you let off a full auto burst over a second long!

The analogy that springs to mind is fitting off road tires on a formula 1 car.

to give yourself a bit more readily accessible ammo, why not pick up some mag clamps and piggyback them in pairs?

Comment

Good plan Ben didn't think on that one like that idea just get another box if mags and some mag clamps and jus use 3 shot bursts

Comment

The cylinder head/nozzle design of a TW doesn't suit itself to long bursts of fire anyway, as the O ring that retains the nozzle has a habit of coming a cropper if you really hose the gun.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys u have helped to make up my mind anyways

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

markiep Find out more about markiep
                              Working...
                              X