Popularity of the M92f

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Popularity of the M92f

Just a query really that's been bothering me for a while.

Why isn't the M92f seem that popular? Especially the Marui version baring in mind they have two versions of it out now?

I'm thinking of building a nice one based on a decent kit - especially with the new Marui version released it would be a good opportunity (I know there only seems to be one very expensive alloy kit available for it)

Just seems odd that a few years ago the forum was filled with KWA PTP m9s, Marui M9s etc and now they are very few and far between.

Have they all disintegrated or is it simply fashion/desirability?

(I'm ignoring the KJ and WE ones for a reason)

Re: Popularity of the M92f

They are just not the 'in thing' it would seem.

Nowadays everyone seems to have a Glock, Hi-Capa or 1911 as they are the common guns and have the most spare parts for them.

Back a few years the KWA PTP M9 was new but nowadays it is not so popular as it is not one of the great KWA designs, I recall the hop on them being quite useless unless you got it just perfect.

'FireKnife'
    68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
    Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

The reason TM aren't I think is because their past designs with fixed hop.

I have the KJW M9 and I won't lie I love it, adjustable hop, reliable (was my first airsoft pistol from 5 years ago) and it still runs like a dream, just put in the King Arms upgraded recoil and hammer spring set as mine were just starting to waiver and its back to amazing.

It is more a case of as said the larger frame M9 isn't "tacticool" any more. Most people seem to want a polymer frame 9mm. To me I have 2x Glock 19's, an ATP and a PX4. The M9 is still a classic design and I love it.

I mean come on, if its good enough for John McLane its good enough for me!

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

Because i think it's ugly as sin and I can barely reach any of the controls on it :P

You make an interesting point though, very few people use M92s, I did see someone on sunday armed with an M93r (which was slightly awesome). I think it's just not a gun you hear much about - every manufacturer seems to have a string of glocks and 1911s, and people rave about all these more modern pistols, but KWA don't do one, i'm not sure if WE do one and TM do... a couple?

I'd be intrigued to find out whether the comparitive rarity of them is due to the number of variants made in airsoft, or due to the demand for them. My guess is the second, as at a glance all the US handgun market cares about is 1911s and glocks (sweeping statement, there are plenty of other guns out there lol), and that is what people want to imitate.
        Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

To be fair - having owned most of the airsoft pistol range available - when you do pick up an m9 you realise it's actually a really nice feeling/handling pistol. Much more ergonomic than a Sig or a Glock I reckon - less 'square' in the grip area.

(Obviously depending on hand shape or size of course)

Strongly recommend people try one.

Comment

It does seem odd to me that the M9 is now considered 'old' but back when it replaced the 1911 it was the near cutting edge in its 92FS form :p.

Though as said many people have now just moved on to the PX4 and the other modern pistols. Plus the M9 is a bulky sod to say the least, other 15 round 9mm in real steel guns like the P226 and USP are at least a bit slimmer or easier to use for some.

But with enough M9s you can feel like these two:

Because screen legends use the 92 in all its forms :p.

'FireKnife'
            68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
            Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

Personally I like them, I had a old TM one which I sold.

I currently run a tm XDM, I still have the M9 holster, so I may get another tm one with the adjustable hop once the price drops a bit
              FOR SALE
              7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
              , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

I personally dont like the trigger pull, its too long for my liking

Comment

Originally posted by Rimms View Post
                  Now that is someone who has never shot a KJW Ruger MK1. Once you have used one of those the trigger pull on any pistol will feel like a sniper rifle pull.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

Originally posted by Rimms View Post
                    Same here, every one I have shot has a horrible mushy feel to it.

I think the worst trigger I have ever encountered is the KJW MK23, God that sucked, my glove kept getting stuck between the trigger and the frame on the return

Comment

Originally posted by aribos View Post
                      Now that is someone who has never shot a KJW Ruger MK1. Once you have used one of those the trigger pull on any pistol will feel like a sniper rifle pull.
                      Wrong im afraid, ive owned several rugers with the most recent being a gemtech and a carbine. I personally got on ok with those triggers but dont with the 92

Comment

I love m9's, but I have around 4 of them an none of them work that well! Well worn I think is the expression!

Comment

They are larger than other pistols with the same capabilities, they are too large for a lot of peoples hands, and only the more expensive models have decockers. They just don't excel at anything really, although the trigger complaints aren't fair - most double actions have a long mushy trigger.

Comment

I think the M9 is a lovely looking pistol, feel good in the hand too (I have large hands though, my old Deagle wasn't uncomfortable). Marui's new M9 is a beautiful piece of gun, the new TM plastic feels awesome and it shoots as well as ever. Due to my friend owning one I know want it. Damn.

Any double action capable pistol has a relatively long tigger pull, nothing I've handled feels as good as my 1911 or Deagle's single action. Not being able to reach the controls is an odd complaint though, the slide lock is very well placed right under your thumb and I don't recall the safety being any different from most other pistols.

Comment

I think the M9 has been 'done' in the ******* ***** and in the real world; it is simply out of fashion, you don't see the good/bad guys carrying them anymore like you did in the 80s/90s and if you do, it's usually a stage prop Inox in a low budget, direct to DVD Steven Seagal effort.

Plus in the real world it's starting to become outdated compared with cheaper Glocks and USPs, etc. Even the Sig is taking over in certain arms of Police/Armed Forces, even though it's the same age but it is evolving and was technically better from the start anyway.
                              - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Fitch Find out more about Fitch
                              Working...
                              X