Beta project pmag issue..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beta project pmag issue..

I have an Ares l85a2 and just bought some beta pmags for it. When i go to put the mag into the gun it does not slide in amoothly and click into place, it gets to a certain point and i cant push it in anymore and literally have to slap the mag HARD to get it in place.

Once the mag is in i have feeding issues, i might be able to get a couple rounds out but then it fires dry. I slapped a stanag in and it was perfect abd fed like a dream no issues.

Has anyone else had this issue? Think the mag may need some tweaking but not sure exactly what!

Re: Beta project pmag issue..

Similar issues with the L85, as the HK416, some of the ridges catch on the mag well.
    Just take a file to it =)

Comment

Yeah that thought went through my mind! not sure where to start ha, i just had another test fire and i managed to almost empty 2 entire magazines but i really had to ram the mag into the magwell HARD, and though there was no damage i could see i dont want to be doing that alot as i have had my feed tube slightly damaged in the past on other AEGs!

I think they are just slightly too large like you said mate as when they are in they do fire.

Comment

Hmm that's strange, they are to lose in my g&p m4 haha. With a bit of tape they fit fine, but i am having feeding issues. It seems that the follower gets stuck and i have to hit the mag to un-jam it. Anyone else having these problems?

Comment

Got it working perfectly now just had to file down the ridge on the front of the mag so it would fit in the magwell

Comment

It's because the PMAG in real life does not fit the L85 or the HK416, that is what the EMAG was designed for.

The L85 and HK416 have a longer mag well than the other STANAG magazine using rifles, which the PMAG was made for.
            IF YOU HAVE ANY L7A2 GPMG PARTS FOR SALE PLEASE MESSAGE ME

Comment

Although interestingly I had to take a little off my genuine emag to get it to feed properly in my 416. Go figure!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Rogerio134 Find out more about Rogerio134
              Working...
              X