Postage costs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postage costs.

It has only been roughly 12 months since I was regularly sending packages through the post office. Now I am selling off my personal equipment due to needing cash for other commitments. Nearly a fiver to post a pair of gloves and worse still £7 for a coms radio.

I think I will be seeking alternatives when other items need posting! They seem to be pricing themselves out of their own game.
    Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Re: Postage costs.

Its getting ridiculous isnt it!
    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

its because they were making hardly any money. the alternatives arent much cheaper, At all.
      -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
      -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

If you pay attention to the new packaging guidelines and are clever with your packing you can keep everything nice and cheap and tracked, it's a little more expensive for certain items yes, just price accordingly if you are that pent up about losing a couple of quid.

Comment

i know what you mean mate, but where i usually sell bits for next to nothing, its a problem as i have to up prices! i dont mind selling things dirt cheap but theres a limit!
          -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
          -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

That is exactly what I was thinking.

It is the buyer that ultimately pays. It is when you have to ask for the postage people think you are taking the mic, when you are just adding what should be a reasonable postage cost.
            Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Just cost me £15.10 to send my brother a hardcover graphic novel by Royal Mail (could only have save £1.38 by going second instead of first class.) Absolutely bloody ridiculous. And I bet the morons will take many years and dozens of committees attended by hundreds of consultants, before they figure out the blindingly obvious of why their customer base and income suddenly plummeted and their brilliant strategy leaves them worse off than before.
              Gnu for hire. Oh wait... no... gun for hire.

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
                its because they were making hardly any money. the alternatives arent much cheaper, At all.
                The really annoying thing is that the large price increases that we as Joe Public are paying are mainly due to subsidisation of their business customers. Yes, we're paying to subsidise services that we don't use so Royal Fail can compete with the likes of TNT post.

The trick i've found is to make damn sure that you read up on the different maximum sizes for the various services.

Comment

Sold a par of kneepads last week for £12, cost me the same to post them

Comment

im sending out a GBB m16 with a 2nd lower receiver tomorrow, quick check on the post offcie website, the largest parcel quote they do is medium (this is a large at best) and £25. im expecting more..
                    For Sale!
                    TM M870 with a load of stuff
                    A&K massada sniper spec
                    Chronograph
                    leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

Which company is that with may I ask?

Hope it's not UKmail....watching an incredibly shocking dispatches episode about what goes on in their sorting offices as we speak!

Comment

Their new costs have made posting anything bigger than a hop rubber a total waste of time. I would imagine since there are no alternatives available (for small to medium packages) people will stop posting small items.
                        sigpic

Comment

I've found the shipping of a gun from HK can be cheaper than just nationally, which is interesting as well considering said company uses parcelforce's services when it reaches the UK anyway..

Comment

Give myhermes a try I've been using them for over 8 years and they've damged 1 item and refunded/compensated me within 24 hours and not a book of shitty 1st class stamps.
                            They are using drop shops now and I posted an item at 18;55 on sunday,their tracking is good and they will collect from your gaff if needs be......no I don't work for them...

Comment

I sent a set of MX gear that I sold for £25 inc (thinking it wouldn't cost that much) and it cost me a tenner! Then I sent a camera lens I sold on eBay for £175 and that cost me just over £7 fully insured and tracked! I couldn't figure out why tbh but I have a very helpful PO. They even looked at sending RIF's through Royal Mail and rang head office to confirm that it was ok and that, if damaged, the sender could claim full compensation to which the answer is yes. As long as there is no propellant in the RIF (be it gas or battery)
                              MyHermes looks good and I have had some bits sent to me via them. Tracking service was good but delivery times were slow.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

North West Outpost Find out more about North West Outpost
                              Working...
                              X